Monday, May 3, 2010

No word on the job yet... but I am actually totally at peace and feeling super calm.  Whatever happens, God knows!!

We are dedicating Madison on Saturday @ our new church.  I found this as an explanation to what a baby (or in this case and child) dedication is:
Many Christian families elect to have a Baby Dedication service to dedicate and "give back " or present their child back to God. Parents recognize the great responsibilities associated with parenthood and as Christians they endeavor to raise their child in the instruction and admonition of the Lord. Proverbs 22:6 admonishes parents to" train up a child in the way it should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Parents realize that they cannot complete the daunting task of parenthood without God's intervention and direction. That belief is the foundation of dedicating one's baby to God to receive blessing and guidance in rearing the child.


One of the biblical references for a baby dedication is Hannah and Samuel.  Hannah basically was barren for years and was very sad about it.  She prayed and prayed and begged and prayed and hoped and despaired and had faith and prayed and had Eli bless her and she conceived Samuel.  After she gave birth, she said ""As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. 27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there." (1Samuel 1:27-28)

For this whole journey through infertility, this story has stuck with me.  I know my Daddy God loves me and wants the best for me, but for tons of reasons, some known and some unknown, our path to walk has been one of infertility.  There are many many things that I have looked forward to when that day came that I could be called mommy, and dedicating the precious life HE gave me was most certainly one of them.  So on Saturday, with our families there, we will be dedication our precious gift to God.  We will be giving her back to the King of Kings.  He is hers anyways.... we just wanna make it official!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. We dedicated our children after we brought them home from Ghana. It was a wonderful time for family to join with the Body of Christ to say, "We want to raise our children up to love and serve the Lord."

    Be BLESSED!!!

    Laurel :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.