Thursday, April 29, 2010

Everything

Im asking for your prayers again.  Tomorrow Mike should find out if he got the new position.  If he doesn't get it, in a few weeks he will start working in his current position with a crappy schedule.  Wed.-Sat. from 8am -7pm.  He wouldn't get home until 7:30, and we send the kids to be at 8.  So for 4 days a week, the girls would see their Daddy (or current father figure, since Kiki never calls Mike Dad, and Jay only does it on occasion) for 30 mins.
Now, I know in my mind that God's got this all worked out.  He knows what schedule and job Mike will have, and even more important only HE knows why he will end up with that job and schedule.  Its my heart that is kind of getting in the way of rational normal thinking.  I am all emotional over here people!! :o)

I need to lay down my "needs" and what I want for what God knows is the best for my family.  If for some reason God decides that it is best for our family if Mike works till 7 every night, then so be it.  SO.  BE. IT.

Right now, this moment, I am surrending my wants, needs, wishes, and dreams.  Im am laying them down.  And then I am going to pick up Jesus' dreams and plans for my life.  Because no matter how smart I am, how "godly" I am, how wonderful I am, or even how good of a parent I am, God still knows best.  He still works things out for the good of those who serve Him... and I wanna serve Him with EVERYTHING in me.  EVERYTHING.

Everything.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for God's perfect will in this situation. Praying for peace and joy to flow over and through your home.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.