Thursday, April 1, 2010

Madi-Gascar!

I love calling her Madigascar... and honestly... she loves it too!  She has even begun to think thats actually how you spell Madagascar!  Oops! :o)
We took Madi to the docs the other day, and they said she has an ear infection and strep throat, and he seemed to think that all that yuck in her system was causing her to throw up a lot.  So... she is on an antibiotic and seeming to be feeling better.
But please keep her in your prayers.  She has been exhibiting extreme fear-based reactions to spiders and bees again.  Well, not even again, it was NEVER this bad!!  She screams and yells and gets sooooo terrified she cant calm down and is even acting totally irrational about it!  I know I need to be pleading the blood and binding up the fear, but I dont think about it in the moment, all i think about is getting her calmed down enough to function again!!!  Its such an extreme reaction.... one I have NEVER seen before from anyone.  Its been happening a LOT... especially with all the gorgeous weather we have been having... all the flowering trees are blooming!  Please keep her in your prayers... its gotta be soo hard for her.. she LOVES to be outside and is now afraid of it!
Right now, she is sleeping on the floor in our room becuase Jay and Kiki were sooooo mean to her.  They were downstairs in the living room having a "camp-out", and Madi was super excited!  She hates sleeping alone, and on the weekend, we allow Jay and Kiki to sleep in the same room, but on school nights, Madi and Jay share a room.  So this way, no one had to sleep alone.  They were watching a movie (Veggie Tales!), and Mike and I were up in our room with the door open to keep an ear out, when all of a sudden Madi came upstairs sobbing!  After she calmed down, she told us that they made her clean everything up.. the popcorn, putting the movie away, turning the TV off, and that when she "took to long" they prayed without her and wouldnt hold her hand to pray with them.  Then when she asked why they did that they said because she is ugly and they dont want to be near her.  Then they told her they saw a spider crawling in her blankets and she should go upstairs and sleep becuase she stinks and thats why the spiders where in her blankets. 
I was SOOO ANGRY!  I yelled.  I hate to admit that, but man, I told them how it was.  I did not stop to pray.  I did not take a few deep breaths.  I just ran downstairs and yelled.
Then, after Mike came down and helped me calm down.  I apologized for yelling.  THEN, I talked to them in a calm tone of voice, which I realized actually got through to them more and made them realize what they did and how it made Madi feel.  We will need to talk tomorrow and sort this mess out... but I sent them to their rooms.  Madi willing went to hers and Jays and before she shut the door... she said, I dont know what I did wrong, but I will tell them sorry tomorrow.  I just wanted to have a camp-out.  Ahhh... broke my heart.  I asked Jay and Kiki.. did Madi say anything mean to you... NO... did she do anything mean... NO.   (Sometimes Madi does get a bit of an attitude with them, but they assured me she was fine.) 
So... Mike said, let her sleep in here... just this once.   Hopefully NOT famous last words!  SO she brought her sleeping bag and extra pillows in and laid down.  She is sleeping soundly... seemingly, right as rain. 
I hate that there is so much animosity between them.  Madi loves the girls... she really does, and thinks of them as her sisters.  We try to treat them all the same, and love them the same.  Sometimes, I think becuase of Jay's needs with school work, I pay more attention to her than the other two.. and Kiki gets my undivided attention for a whole hour because she gets home an hour earlier than the other two.
I wonder what we are doing wrong.  But then, I have to accept the fact that we might be doing things fine, but the problem lies within them and their background.  I hate the idea that Jay and Kiki's mom might have encouraged this kind of behavior.  Kiki certainly is mean to Jay an awful lot.
Well.... just pray for us all.  This house needs some extra peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.