Thursday, April 8, 2010

Simply Stunning!

Ive been feeling very tired lately, but the weather makes me get up a do a happy dance anyway! :o)
The last 3 days we have been taking bike rides around the neighborhood in the evening... so I have been getting some good excercise... go me!  Im hoping to lose my last 20 lbs to get to my goal by June.  I have been slowly (but surely) getting there.  Again I say, GO ME! :o)

Yesterday after the kids therapy appointments, I took them to school and then had to drive to our foster agency to drop off my (VERY) late paperwork for the month... and I am so so glad I did.  The drive was so beautiful!  I saw a foal doing his very own happy dance around a happy momma.  I drove through a canopy of weeping cherry trees, it was magical!! The pink blossoms were just raining down all over and oh man, I wish I was a better writer... simply stunning.  Then I saw a whole bunch of baby lambs... they were so cute and dark next to the white fluffy mommas... there was even one who was stumbling around like he was brand spankin' new and hadn't gotten his "sea" legs!  And one of the greatest things about driving through the back farm roads of our county (which is like every road in the county, haha) is the covered bridges.  They come up so unexpectedly and look so quaint and from another time.

I couldnt help but smile the whole drive home.   How could you not?  The flowering trees waving their bright fluffy branches in the warm breeze, the sturdy hyacinths and tulips flashing their brilliant colors, and the lush green fields contrasting with the deep brown of recently tilled earth all just SCREAM, "I made this for YOU".  Yup.  Thats what God was saying to me all yesterday.  "Look around Dana, just look.  This is for you, so you would know I am here.  That I am near, that I love you, and I am very, very, very real".

Amazing.  Seriously Amazing.  :o)  Yeah, kinda wish I had taken the camera... but its ok.  Those images are burned in my brain.  Simply. Stunning.

1 comment:

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.