Monday, April 19, 2010

Off-Kilter?

Ive been feeling off kilter the past few days.  Disconcerting, to say the least.  Does this mean we are on the verge of a change? A big choice?  Anything?  I'm hoping its God doing something in me.  I need a change.  I dont want to be the same Dana.  I want to be more like Jesus and to more of His work... so if that it God.. BRING IT!! :oD  And Jesus, if me being off kilter is ANYTHING else, um, could you still bring us something new and fresh!?  Something different and awesome!?  Thanks! :o)

Today Madison had her very last cavity filled!! YAY!  Since she has come here to live, she has had 10 teeth removed, 1 capped, and 4 filled.  We decided not to do everything at once, and that has proved to be a good decision, becuase she doesnt hate the dentist.  I think if she had to have all that done at once, she could have ended up with a life-long hatred of all things dentist-related!  :o)  So now she loves her dentist, Dr. Mike (and she actually remembers his name becuase he has the same name and daddy!), and has a mouth free of yuk!  We have one more appointment left and that is for a spacer and sealants.  Easy peasy!

I also had an appointment today... mine was for the eye doctor.  I have had a lot of issues with my eyes over the years, all minor thankfully, so I always get all the tests.  Dilation, the dye, the puff, you name it.  Today though, the doc said I dont need to have it all, that he can see that my eyes look great.  He did mention a problem with the veins in my eyes, which I had heard about from a previous eye doc.  The old doc had never told me how to fix it, or even if it could be fixed, but this new doc told me all I need to do is change to a lense that allows mroe oxygen to get in... and there will probably be a noticable difference!  YAY!  He also said my eyes seem to be very stressed... and I thought to myself, "just like the rest of me"!

It seems the earth is being "shaken" huh?  All these earthquakes... volcanos... hmmmm.  I was reading Hebrews today... check out Hebres 12... specifically 12:27.   "The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain."  Im not into doomsday stuff... and I think all the drama around the rapture and tribulation (end times stuff) is a little pointless.  I feel like, while it is interesting to study and know about, debating and getting worked up isnt necessary.  What is necessary is telling people about Jesus.  Getting our own hearts right with Him.  Thats all.  But all these earthquakes and stuff have DEFINTELY gotten my attention a bit.  But only in this way.... it makes me pray even harder and more diligently for my unsaved loved ones!! 

2 comments:

  1. PRAYING for the LOST- Our summer theme for camp- How The Lost Get Found!!!!

    Joshua had to have loads of dental work at age 3 when he came to us. We chose surgery- all at once and done- no pain- no remembering it :) Glad she doesn't hate the dentist. Never good.

    Praying for what God is doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your heart!!

    Yeah Madi! Almost all done...whew! :) I'm not a big fan of dentists mostly because of all my time in the dentist chair as a kid. Every time I went they found cavities, go figure! LOL!

    I agree that the doom and gloom is unnecessary and choose to focus on the hope I have and always want to share that with others.

    So excited to see what God is doing! What He has planned for your family! Where He is leading you!! Praying for His direction and peace to cover you as you wait on Him!!
    Much Love!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.