Monday, April 26, 2010

Madison

For Easter, Madison wore her new dress that her wonderful Mimi got for her.  I curled her hair, and she wore one of her favorite necklaces.  She looked so pretty, and I know she felt pretty!  So we had a little photo shoot... and I loved the results!!  Here are a few of my favs!!!










Man.. God gave us one gorgeous, funny, sweet, and loving little girl!! I feel so lucky yo have been chosen to be her momma.  I know that the journey with her hasnt been easy, and there have been days that I have wondered why God chose us to be her parents, and even more days that I wondered if we could actually do it!  But we have know for some time that God PICKED us to be her parents... and that He has got some pretty awesome plans for her.  She is such a talented kid... and she loves her Abba Father.  I know she will be able to reach people that other women couldnt because of her background.
Its hard to beleive that in a few weeks this tiny package of dynamite will be 9!!  MAN OH MAN!  She is about the size of a 5/6 yr old... height and weight!  In honor of her birthday, we are going to the beach!!  Last year, we took her for her birthday and it was her very first time seeing the ocean.  Here is a pic of her very first view:


She literally stood there, stock still, mouth agape, just staring at the beauty of the ocean, the sound of the waves, breathing in the salty tang for more than 5 mins (hey, thats like 4 hours for us... she does have ADHD).
And here is a pic of the first time her little toes felt the wonderful beach:

So in 2 weeks, we will be leaving for our 2nd Annual Birthday Beach Trip!  YAY!!  I am so excited... the beach is my absolute FAVORITE place to be.  This year, Mike's parents and sister are coming, and Madi is super excited to have her Nana, Pap Pap, and Aunt Shell along to show them OUR fav spots at the beach!!  We are going to have a blast!!

Oh... someone asked me why I dont have any pics of Kiki or Jay on here or my facebook... and the answers is:  I cant.  Yup... not allowed to share stuff like pics or identifying info of any foster kid.  It kinda stinks, cause they are gorgeous lovely girls too... and I have some AMAZING pics of them that I would love to share, but I can't.  Sadface. 

Anyways.. Im off to bed. Pain induced insomnia has made sleep next to impossible the past 4 nights... so Im going to go early and try again.  Im praying for restful, peaceful, and PAIN FREE sleep tonight, and lots of it!! :o)


5 comments:

  1. Praying for sleep.

    She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 3rd picture down. Actually they are all fantastic but how could they not be with such a beauty to grace the lens?!

    Praying for an excellent beach/birthday trip and memories galore.

    Praying for you sweet friend may God put a blanket of deep, peaceful, pain free sleep upon you and may you wake up refreshed and renewed in the morning.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet! I love all of the pictures! Your one lucky Mama. Will this be Kiki and Jay's first trip to the beach?

    my fav first with lil' Man was seeing his eyes light up over play dough. He was truly more excited about playdough than the beach lol. I love experiencing all the first through their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the prayers... I actually, finially, thankfully, got some awesome sleep!! YAY!

    And unfortunatly, the other 2 girls cant go. There mom isnt being very sensible and wont release them to sleep out of state. :o(
    We are planning on taking a day trip down (its about a 3 hr drive) sometime in the begining of June so they can have a day at the beach if their mom wont release them by then. If she will, we will go down for one night, so they can have 2 days to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont you hate that the bios have a say so when and where you can take the children? We are the one caring for them everyday? The only one that is missing out is the child. GRRR.

    Here I **think** the judge can overrule the bios decision.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.