Friday, April 16, 2010

Just some of this and some of that

This morning I awoke to find 2 8 yr olds awake, wide eyed, and doing gymnastics in their small and kinda crowded bedroom.  SPECIAL.
Why me?  I have to admit, I am not at ALL a morning person.  I want to sleep in until at least 10.  That is my dream in life... to sleep in.  So the fact that the 8 yr olds can sleep until 8am every morning, which means, I too can sleep till 8am has been a blessing.  I just dont understand why they dont share in the joy of that particular blessing.  SLEEP CHILDREN, SLEEP!!! Sigh.  I know, not gonna happen.  :o)

I just was asked yesterday to care for my best friends children for a few days while they (children's pastors) do a kids camp kinda thing.  YAY!  I love my "neice and nephew" and Madi and Josiah got a long great when they met for the first time a few weeks ago.  Im so happy and excited becuase Tammy and Josh have been living in Illinois working as childrens pastors, but have just accepted a position in VA!  So now, instead of being 14+ hours away they are only 3 hours!!  That makes Mike and I soooo happy!  I love Tammy... she is like a sister to me, and Mike thinks Josh rocks, and their kids are wonderful and cute.  AND, we will be "fostering" their pug Precious for a while until they can find a house to rent that takes pets!  More craziness... but what can I say... I like it.

This is Madi and Josiah... cute huh?

In other news (LOL), I got the kids report cards this week, and I am pleasantly surprised!  Madi was a little improved ina few areas, and her comments from her teachers where very nice!  She started her medicine at the end of the semester, so I cant wait to see what her last report card will be like.  We will also have an IEP meeting soon, and I know we are going to completely revise her IEP!!!  She definitly has improved enough that she will only have a few things on her IEP, instead of pages upon pages!   Jay did better than we expected.  Her teacher had given us a progress report that was kinda scary, so we have been working more with her and her teacher has been giving her more one-on-one time.  So as of right now, she IS passing 3rd grade! When we had gotten Kiki's progress report, she had a lot of Ds and Cs, so her caseworker lit a fire under her behind (so to speak), and then Mike's dad, Pap Pap gave her a little talk, and so we did.  Well, it worked.  Dont know which one...but one of those, or maybe all of them helped her work harded.  She only had 1 D.  The rest were all Cs and Bs!  YAY!

I think we might have to take the girls to Rita's to celebrate!!  Yea, the grades arent great, but Mike and I havent put a lot of emphasis on the letter of the grade.  We have told all our girls from the beginning, if you TRY your best, thats all matters. I think Madi reallllllllly tried last semester (without meds), so I am very proud of her.  And I know Kiki and Jay can do much much better than they are, but they improved, and I have to take in to consideration their situation and the stress being a foster kid causes.  So.... we want to honor the effort!!

Totally random... but here is a pic from Madi's gymnastics olympics.  She rocks! :o)

1 comment:

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.