Saturday, April 17, 2010

I just pretty much flew off the handle at Madi.  Her transgression was rather small, but for some reason, it made me SOOO angry.  I dont know it was lack of sleep, lack of patience, or just a build up of frustration, but I'm kind of thinking maybe all of the above. 
I have had so many people say "you must have the patience of a saint" or something along those crazy lines, but I am here to say that I definitly DO NOT.  I am not a saint, I am not super mom, I am not the most awesome woman ever.  Im just me.  Fallible, imperfect, simple me.
It's God who is ultra patient.
It's God who is SUPERman.
It's God who is the most awesome Father ever.
Its God who is infallible, perfect and strong.
And sometimes, it's God IN me who makes me strong and patient, and maybe even a bit super.
But no, friends, it's not me, it's all Him.  
To God be the glory, becuase with out Him, I wouldnt be able to live this life.  
I wouldnt be able to be a mom to these wonderful children with all of their issues.  
Without Him... I would have nothing.

To God be the glory for GREAT things He has done.

Time to go apologize to my child.  Which I hate doing.  Sigh.
But I know that's what I need to do, becuase I was definitly wrong.
And actually, Madi makes it easy.  Shes already forgiven me, and probably forgotten.
God has blessed me with a great kid, and I want to do my best to make sure she knows it.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! You are a good mom. Because you know that we love as God loves us, or at least we do our best to match that. And that means when we fall short, we apologize. Thank goodness our Lord and our kids are quick to forgive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me Too! Hey, at least my kids know I am not perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.