Saturday, May 29, 2010

MED CHECK!

Haha.. we need a med check in this family.  For Madi, for Jay, and yup... for me!  Oh my.  Last night had moments of fun... but others long spells of tantrums.  Even one from Jay.  (Jay does really need some meds, but we are waiting for a super slow system to agree for her to get an eval for ADHD).

Some of Madi's tantrums lately are stemming from an intense fear of spiders.  Its that time of year.  We have spiders in the basement sometimes... and the kids go down stairs to the basement to go out and play.  But instead of freaking out like most kids who are afraid, she screams and yells, and hits, and kicks, and demands you kill it now.  Before you even have a chance to react to it, she is kicking and hitting.  YEsterday I was sitting on the couch blogging while Jay finished her reading homework and Madi went to go downstairs and all of sudden, she screams and launches herself on me, landing on the laptop and hitting me in the mouth.  She is yelling, kill it, kill it and screaming sooooo loud, I know you can hear it outside, even with the windows closed.  I try to calm her down and have her get off of me so I can go kill it, but as soon as I try to move she thinks I am going to make her to go to the spider and she starts kicking and flailing her arms, result in more bruises on momma, and a cut on my hand. 

It is so overwhelming. 
It breaks my heart... yet makes me so angry.  Yea, even angry at her sometimes.  We arent talking abot tarantulas or black widows. These puppys are daddy long leggers, or even just plain ole little ones like Charlotte.  I try to be understanding, but its so hard when your shins and knees are bruised... that kid can kick!!!

Sigh.

On to a positive thing: today we are going to my grandmas house to celebrate Memorial Day and my mom's birthday.  The kids call my mom Mimi. 
I know we will have fun... I am going to set up a sprinkler, and she loves on a street that isnt busy at all in a small devolpment, so the kids can play soccer in the street. 

And tomorrow... we are headed to VA to my best friends house.  Its her adorable daughters 1st birthday party!!! This is the first time we will be able to celebrate birthdays with them... they are the ones who lived in Illinois.  I am so blessed that God moved them closer.  Instead of like 16 hours, its only 2.  YAY! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.