Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Birthday No-Go

Last night, Mike and I spent a huge chunk of time... our quiet together time, making tons of cupcakes for Madi to have at school and gymnastics, and then we decorated the whole kitchen/dining room in a tropical, hawaian-y, beachy theme.  It looks so cute and festive (yea, and tacky... but she's 9, so it was definetly up her alley). 
So, needless to say, I was super excited to sneak into Madi's room and sit on her bed and say "Wake up birthday girl!"  TO give her a big hug and wish her lots of love and tell her how much she rocks!  Then pick out some clothes and do something special to her hair. 

SIGH.  Didnt happen.  Bubble burst.

I went to sneak in quietly.... but instead of seeing a peaceful sleeping princess, someone was out of bed and playing with her night light.  Gr.  We have one rule for the mornings, born out neccessity, you stay in bed and try to go back to sleep until Momma gets you up.  This rule came about when Madi would get up very early and start getting into things in the bathroom (like cleaning supplies... ack!!!).

I dont know why, but it made me so angry.  I went into my bathroom and just cried.  I was so sad... I really wanted to surprise her and make it a morning to remember.  I was disappointed.  I was let down.  Stinkin adhd.  Stinkin stinkin stinkin.

Well... Happy Birthday Madi.  :o/

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry you had a bad morning but don't let that ruin the rest of your day. I pray that things turn around and that Madi has a great birthday. All kids with or without ADHD have bad moments. Maybe she was just super excited about her birthday an could not sleep anymore. I am a stickler for rules too, and there need to be consequences but kids will be kids (We all have our moments don't we?). I pray lots of grace for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about changing the rule that she has to stay in her room until you come in and get her so long as there is nothing in her room she can get into too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may have to revisit the morning rule... another thing reason that we started that rule was that Madi would actualy wake her self up at like 4 or 5 am on school days just so she could play with her toys... and when we told her she had to stay in bed until one of us came for her, she actually stayed asleep. In fact, now most days we come in and actually have to wake her up. Most days she doesnt wake up early.... I guess teh excitement of her birthday got her up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the same rule at our house. Lil' Man is supposed to stay in his room until we come and get him. IT hasnt happened yet.. As soon as he opens his eyes hes off and running. He crashes into things b/c he half asleep which in turn makes him cry. Mornings are nightmare I hate waking up to so much drama.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.