Tuesday, May 11, 2010

La Playa, and so much more!!

I havent written in awhile... its been a bit crazy around here!!
Tomorrow morning, Mike, Madi and I will leave for our annual Birthday Beach Trip.  This year, Mike's parents and sis, Nana, Pap Pap, and Aunt Shell are coming a long!  I can not wait.  :o)

This morning, I woke up with a major headcold.  Grrrrrrr.  My nose is stuffy and runny at the same time, which is making my throat sore... and my head kinda feels like its going to explode. Joy.  Joy.  Haha!
So I am praying for some major healing!! :o)  I want to feel 100% tomorrow morning!! :o)

I am a little worried about Madi on this trip.  The last trip we took with MIkes fam and Madi was MISERABLE.  We went to the mountains in the fall (pre-meds) and she threw tantrums all the time... I got hit and kicked a few times, and cried MANY times.  :o(  I am just praying the God of peace would REIGN sumpreme over us all.  That Madi would feel at peace and happy and would be that sweet sweet wonderful girl we have seen a lot of since we started on the Meds.  I think the reason I am worried is becuase lately, we have seen more of that testy, feisty, tantrum-throwing girl that makes this momma's heart sad.  Sad becuase I know that she is unsettled in her self to act that way.  That she is feeling frustrated and out of control.  I want to fix it... but I cant.  Jesus can.  So I am just praying that HE does!!
Anyways... I wanted to touch on Mother's Day here... it was a tough day.  Dedicating Madi was awesome... knowing that in front of family and friends and a whole congregation we said, GOD, she is yours!!!
Spending the time with family was wonderful and I loved making my mom and grandma feel loved appreciated. 
But. Yea, I hate buts sometimes.  After we put the kids to bed... I cried.  And cried, and cried.  I realized that I missed Bubba, and I missed all those babies we never got to hold becuase they didnt make it through a whole pregnancy.  I was missing all the foster kids we had but went home or somewhere else.  I was missing kids we havent met yet.  I was missing the 7 years of Madi's life we missed before she came to us. 
This huge sense of loss came over me.  I have lost so much.  SO very much.

But since that day... since that moment in time... God has soon me that He is restoring all that was lost.  ALL that was lost... 10-fold.  Pressed down, shaken together, and running over.  Running.  Over. 

I am anticipating some more of that loss to be restored soon.  Seriously... anticipating.  Jesus... BRING IT ON!!!

Anyways... Until Saturday... or maybe Sunday... who knows when I will get unpacked and get our house back together enough to feel ok with sitting down at the puter.  Haha... our house is a GIANT wreck! 

Oh.. just so you know... Kiki and Jay are going their beloved respite family!!  They are so excited... they even asked to stay until Sunday... instead of coming home Saturday morning! lol!  :o)  Thankfully, the wonderful Momma D is totally ok with that.

Well, off the LA PLAYA!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana,
    Congratulations!! You are the winner of the bracelet giveaway!! Please take a look at Daleea's site and let me know the patterns that you would like for your three 12mm bracelets. Also, please let me know if you would like the women's or child's size. Please email me at michellerphoto@aol.com

    Thanks!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.