Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Just wanted to say Happy Memorial day to everyone.. what a day.  I got a chance to explain the day to the girls... and we listened to "Proud to be an American"... yea, oldy, but I suppose, a goody.  Madi really enjoyed learning about the day and then listening to the song becuase Papal (my mom's dad who passed away in October) served in WW2 and she really loved Papal and misses him tons.  She said that she felt like when we sang that song we were honoring (big word... thanks to childrens church... they know what that word means!) Papal and all he did for us, and she said we were honoring God too.  When I asked her how we were honoring God... she couldnt put it into words, but I think she got it.

I was sad... I couldnt find the flags to put out.  We have mini flags to line the sidewalk, and also a cute star wreath that is red white and blue.  But I moved them this winter, and I couldnt find them.  :o(
Ah well.. we remember those who served and who are serving even without the flags!!

We had a BUSY BUSY weekend!!  Saturday we went to Mimi's birthday party at my grandmas and had a ton of fun.  The girls played outside all day.. the street outside my grandmas was COVERED in chalk! haha! :o)
Sunday, we went to Virginia to my best friends house to celebrate her daughters 1st birthday... it was so fun... but SOOOOO hot! lol!!  I enjoyed being a part of that big day.  Being a part of their lives... ROCKS!!!!
Then today Mike had to work  (poo.. but yay for holiday pay, PLUS overtime), so I took the girls to the pool, in between storms!  We had fun and all the kids CRASHED early tonight.

It was a great weekend and I loved the time we got to spend with the kids.  We have some great leads on houses... all in our price range, and some with 4 bedrooms!!  Woot woot!!  I know God has something great for us, and I cant wait to find it!!

Ok.. time to go... I am going to snuggle up with my honey and watch a movie!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.