Thursday, May 27, 2010

Needing some advice...

I need some advice...
I love my mom.  She has done some really great stuff for us and has been there through some rough times, but she is cronically late.  Not just a little late.  Like, late enough to miss stuff.
I even tell her the time to be somewhere is 1/2 earlier than neccessary, and she is still late.  Like today.  I am waiting for her to take the kids to ballet so I can go to an audition.  I asked her to be here at 5.  It takes her about 30 mins to get from her house to mine.  She just called and said she just left.  Its 5:10.
When we dedicated Madi her lateness made my aunt and grandma and her miss the actual dedication.

Its already gotten old.  I am so frustrated, but I feel as though I need to be sensitive because my mom is dealing with A LOT.  I want to have grace, but I am feeling like I cant rely on her anymore.  Should I tell her to be somewhere an hour early??!?!?!?!
I have expressed to her that I am frustrated and she always has an excuse.

I want to be Jesus with skin on to her, but sometimes her being late makes me or the kids late.

I need some advice.  Cause I do love my mom... a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I hate being late. What a hard thing to deal with. Do you have a neighbor or friend who is more reliable or who could drop by until your mom gets there? Telling her an hour early might work or you could drive her to your house and back. Yeah, that's more time and gas money but you could be more certain about the time. What about bringing the kid to her house? I hope this helps. I'll pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have inlaws the same way... I would try 45 min early.. let her be on time and know the real time is 45 min from the time she showed up.. she may appreciate it.. or be more mindful of the time. Writing this.. I am not say lie.. I am saying you are preparing her so she is on time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the advice. in this instance though, I needed my mom to come to the house ans take the girls to ballet becuase i had to be at church at the same time they had ballet.... and ballet and the church are NOT close!
    so I ended up taking them to ballet early (which is not encouraged... at all) and i was still 5 mins late to my audition.
    I was hoping to have a couple of mins to discuss this with her, but I didnt. 3 kids where clammoring for their Mimi's attention.. and Mimi had Madi's birthday present. :o)
    Im still not sure what I am going to do. Pray.... and hopefully not let life cover this over like I usually do. I need to talk to her and tell her how much it not only makes me angry, but how much it actually hurts me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.