Sunday, March 28, 2010

What a Great Weekend!!

We truly had a blessed weekend!!  Madi's adoption party was on Saturday afternoon... and it was amazing!  We had about 30 people stuffed into our house, and the ages ranged from 2 weeks old, all the way up to 89!!  Madi came up to me when I was pouring some drinks and said "Mommy, these people are all here for me, right?" 
And I said, "Yes, of course, its your party to celebrate YOU".
Then with shining eyes and huge smile, she said "I must really be loved".
Oh, baby girl, you are.  You truly are!!!
She recieved lots of awesome presents.  Mimi (my momma) gave Madi her very first "big girl ring", a beautiful white gold ring with 2 hearts and 2 tiny diamonds.  Mimi said it was becuase Madi has her grandma's heart!! 
My aunts, Barb & Sis, got her a gorgeous cross necklace with stones the color of her birthstone (emerald), and Madi thought it was awesome, becuase she had been wanting a cross badly!  (She had recieved a cheap little plastic heart necklace from her birth mom when they were still having visits, and she threw it away one day becuase she said it made her think of bad times.)
We got her a photo book about her adoption... which she LOVED, and had everyone special to her sign it.  We also got her a beautiful jewelry box carved with her new name and adoption date on it, and when you open it, it plays My Girl.  :o)
Her Nana, Pap Pap, and Aunt Shell gave her money to start her very own savings account (yay for teaching her about saving!!)
She also got lots of cute little toys, some other little peices of fun jewelry, coloring books, and of COURSE, Littlest Pet Shop stuff!!  Her very awesome friend from school and church gave her a handmade fleece blanket with this AWESOME butterfly print on it... it rocked.
One of the things that touched Madi so much was the fact that 2 teachers from school came to her party.  She just couldnt believe that they loved her that much that they would come... and even brought her presents! 

For Mike and I, it was pretty stinkin' awesome to see all of our friends and family there to show this kid love, to show that they supported us as a family, and to show us that they CARED.  It lifted my spirits, and blessed my heart a LOT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.