Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Two bloggy friends posted blogs on being thankful.  I really needed to be reminded that I have TONS to be thankful for.  Even in the midst of feeling poopy... I have TONS to thank God for.  I am so very blessed.

“Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”

 

 I am so very blessed.  Did I mention that?  I am.  I need to count my blessings so that I can realize my worth in Christ.  I think that when we count them, it can dispell the grey murky clouds that keep up us from the sun (Son!!).  So I'm countin'. 

I'm Thankful For:

Living in America.  'Nuf said.

I have a house with carpets, furniture, a fridge, a piano, beds, heat and A/C.

Mike has a stable job with pretty awesome benefits.

I get to have a super cool job.... being a mom!

My dog rocks.

My daughter is my favorite kid I have ever met.

My foster kids are pretty awesome.

We have a working vehicle.

My mom is so awesome she is letting us borrow her car so we have 2 cars.

The public library is right down the road and I get free books to read, free movies for the kids, and they have VEGGIE TALES and Oddesey (or however you spell it)!

I have some pretty amazing family members.

My friends are cool too.

We have running water.

Toilets.

Electricity.

Peace, Joy, Love, Grace & Mercy.


See... I am totally blessed.... and I feel better already.  Seriously... I do feel a little bit better.  Its not a cure-all... but I know that I know that I know... that God is with me.  God LOVES me... He is watching and He cares about me.  


I have decided that instead of looking for ways I need God to bless me... I'm going to look for ways that God can USE me to bless OTHERS.

So, count with me... what are you thankful for??

 

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! I am soo thankful for bloggyworld that has people who understand me, and encourage me :) We love Veggie Tales & Odyssey too :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.