Monday, August 9, 2010

Memorial Box Monday...err... Tuesday

There is a woman whose blog I eagerly read daily... Linny over @ http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/ shares every monday a great thing that God has done for her and her family.  She calls it "Memorial Box Monday".  Check out her blog for more info and the scripture behind it. (Its cool... read it).

As I was ready her post for yesterday (funny... 8/9/10), I felt that i have nothing to share.  Nothing to write... nothing came to mind.  Nothing.

Then I felt like God was saying, Dana, so many things.  SO many.  Write about my faithfulness even when you dont "feel" it.  Tell about how good I have been to you even if you dont feel I am being good to you now.
Of course... I silently protested... God, I dont feel your being bad to me.  And then I felt that He was saying that I dont feel He is treating me poorly... but rather just simply not blessing me... not "being good to me".  Yea.  Wow... the God of creation who adores me.  Who treasures me.  Who is sooooo much better than any earthly could ever ever ever be.  The ONE is not being good to me?  Wow Dana.  REally?
Lets LIST His goodness.

1. I have a hubby who strives to be the best hubby he can be.  He truly truly loves me.
2. I have a gorgeous little girl who is teaching me so much every day and who loves me with everything in her.
3. We have a home. A nice one, with AC, and internet and cable. 
4. My family is wonderful... in laws included!! 
5. I live in the USA and am Free.

And thats just the tangible stuff. 

I am blessed.  So I am doing a memorial box post today.
I just cant seem to think of anything.  Really.  This ole mind is blank!


Ok... I think I have one.
This past December, all Madi wanted was to be adopted by Christmas. We found out that her siblings were going to be adopted on Dec 18th, but becuase it was our first adoption (and the other families had all adopted before) our stuff wasnt finished yet.  A week before the adoption we were disappointed, but ok becuase we knew it would happen eventually.... then the adoption worker for the county called on Tuesday and said "I pulled a few strings and got you an adoption date of Dec. 18th... which is Friday.  Are you ready?"  We were thrilled!!  Truly God answered Madi's prayers.  She was adopted at the same place, same court room, same day, almost the same time as her siblings.  End of one book, start of a new for her. 
So in our memorial box... which we dont have yet, I am going to put in her Hershey Chocolate Bar cover... our sweet agency had them printed with her new name and adoption date.  So cute!

I think I have realized that I rely on myself to much to make things happen.  I think sometimes I dont let God move, I just do it.  And maybe I dont see God working in the background becuase I choose not to let Him. 

So its time to let God move.  Its time to pray specificaly for things and expect them to happen.  To wait for Him to move... to provide... to make happen.

5 comments:

  1. Yay Dana, you did it! A great Memorial Box Monday . . . er . . . Tuesday post! What a sweet story of answered prayers, for Madi! (She's beautiful by the way!)

    I think God is always moving, He's just waiting for you to get in step with Him--instead of running ahead, and I think you just made that choice! He won't let you down when you wait on Him!! I'm so excited to hear what He is going to do in your life!

    Blessings to you, and thanks for sharing!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I've missed you girl! Love your post! Love your heart!
    Yes I agree there are way too many times I'm trying to make things work when that's not my job only His. And oh what sweet peace when I allow Him his rightful place as Leader, Savior and Father!!
    Much love!
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few months ago, I completely agreed with you. How could I possibly have enough material to write a Memorial Box Monday post every week? But I started anyway.

    And it was amazing to me ... I actually started praying more as I remembered and saw where God had answered my prayers in the past. I started looking more and more closely at my life so I could notice when God answered prayer.

    He is faithful, and I'm still learning how amazing that is! Thanks so much for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard something tonight at MK - "the motivation follows the action." Looks like Jdaniels is saying just that - start, take the first steps, and the "feelings" will come. God isn't about our feelings, he's about our faith, forever and ever, and he LOVES us, praise him for it!

    I'm going to see if I can find a way to start this too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how good of God!! He is just awesome!! ANd a Hershey bar? My favorite!! Loved your sweet =) story.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.