Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Baby? Maybe?

We will be waiting tomorrow for a call about a new baby girl.  We got the referral from our agency on friday and they sent our profile to the county for the worker to decide which family she feels is best for the baby.  We should know tomorrow sometime.  I dont know much about the baby, but I'll share what I do know.
She is between 3-6 mos old and currently in the hospital.  She was declared Medically Fragile and was diagnosed with Failure to Thrive.  This poor baby has severe acid reflux which causes her to vomit everytime she eats.  She also has to be awoken every 3 hrs to eat.  I know if we get this little baby it will be tough and a lot of work, but I want to do this.  I want to pray over this baby and work with her and help her succeed in this life!
Please just pray for us that if we are supposed to have this baby that the decision would be made in our favor!  Ive been praying for her all weekend and feel love for the fragile little life already!  Its hard not to!  Also, this is most likely a more permanant placement, which we need.  We have done a couple of respites since having Madi, and I think that its to hard on her and us to continue doing that.  Madi needs a sister... we really feel empty and its hard to see 6 chairs at the kitchen table... and only 3 full.  Its time to fill this house with kids that need our lovies!! :o)
So pray for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.