Friday, October 2, 2009

Ironies...

Ironies... life is sure full of them!
Like yesterday... I updated my status like 30 times on facebook and then admitted I was addicted to it and that I needed to stop.  I also said it was too accessible by my phone.  Then this morning, my internet wasnt working on my phone.  Apperantly our carrier is having issues.  And its still not working... lol!  Not so accessible this morning.
And here's another one:  I have been praying and debating about getting a job.  I want to becuase Im bored staying at home all day... and really, I could work from 9-3 Tues.- Friday and wouldnt hurt Madi at all!! And since we dont have any other kids right now, and havent gotten any calls in a long time, I figured why no.  So today I decided that i was going to go put in applications at a few places around town and just see what would happen.  I got myself all dolled up (ok, so i did my hair and put some makeup on and actually paid attention to what I was wearing) and went to get in the car.  Put the key in and.... nothing.  So I had to call my mom and have her come to give me a jump.  And nothing.  So either the battery or the alternator or starter or something.  Ugh.  But then I got a call this afternoon with a referral for a baby who is medically fragile and has a failure to thrive diagnosis.  We said yes, but the county has to pick if we get her or not.  So if I had gone tody and gotten a job, i would have had to quit!  Ironic.
And the car thing leads me to another one.  Ive been telling Mike we desperatly need another vehicle and he agrees, but money is tight and we cant afford much at all.  So then the car breaks today, just when we decided to go ahead an persue an inexpensive van.  Oh my.  Now what! lol!!

Well, if I wasnt a Christian, I would be singing that old Alanis Morrisette song, Isnt it Ironic (ok, I still am singing it), but I am a Christian and I KNOW this is all God.  I know God didnt want me to go for a job today... He wants me to be available for these poor kids who need us.  I still dont know what the whole car thing means, but IM just gonna trust Him.  He knows our needs and is faithful to provide!!  And the phone thing... I wasnt so obsessive about it today... and I may have gotten a little more "Jesus time" in, but im not sure.. I didnt look at the time when I started... but either way, being "unplugged" for a few hours is always good!!!

But UGH, what a day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.