Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy

Hottie Hubbie of the year:  
MY HUBBIE! :o) 

Happy Birthday to the love of my life, my soul mate, and bestest best friend!






While we were in the mountains with Mikes parents and Sister, Mikes mom and dad took us out to a nice resturant and suprised mike with some seriously bad waitress' singing and some yummy ice cream with a candle!  It was very nice and kind of low key and simple... like Mike.  We had a good laugh about it and shared the ice cream.  
This man is so good.  His heart is so big and I am SOOO blessed by him on a regular basis.  He followed my dream of being a worship leader and even stepped up to the plate to play drums, when all he really wants to do is stay back behind the sound board and make me sound good.  
Aww.. I really need to share this about him.  
We work at a small church (I mean SMALL... like 20 people small) and so the worship team consists of me and him.  And thats it.  Its uncomfortable for us, but totally God!  God has taught us SOO much and brought us SOO far in this place, its unreal!  He is soooo good to us!  But, the one thing we constantly say we need and want is a bass player.  I joke with him a lot that he should learn to play bass... I can play, but I cant play piano, sing and play bass at the same time, so I tell him to learn and Ill teach him!  But he always, always, says no.  And I know him... that would be sooooooo far out of his comfort zone and so not like him, I never really expected him to agree.  So tonight, he looked at me and said, what would you say if I said I want to learn to play bass.  I wanted to dance around and jump up and down, but (after picking my jaw up off the ground) I said I think it would be great and I love you.
He knows that its something I want.  Its something I wish he would do and beleive that he can do it well.  So hes doing it for me and for the Lord.  Everything we do, our goal is to do it for the Lord!!
Anyways... Im blessed.  My husband is a Godly man and an amazing father... what more can ya ask for?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by our blog....we love to lead worship. Being camp directors it is part of what we do :) I am a former music teacher...now I teach full time- my kids :) We have been foster parents as well. Bless anyone who is willing to step out of their comfort zone for that calling!!!! It is tough, but wonderful too. Your husband sounds amazing, but I feel soo blessed with mine - good thing God put some amazing men on this planet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.