Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 4

Yea... its only day 4 of having Dee and Bubba... but it feels like day 100 or something!  I need a break and its only been 4 days! Oh my!
Dee has continued with her defiant behavior... especially with me.  She will listen to Mike fairly well, but not to me... although, as I sat and reflected on my day, I realized she actually is listening a little better for me.  She is stealing a lot of random things, like erasers, crumpled up peices of paper, trash, a roll of toilet paper, a roll of paper towels... yea.  Random.  She peed her pants today at dinner.  I wasnt forcing her to eat, I was just sitting with her while she finished... she hadnt said she wanted up or that she was full, she just takes forever to eat, so I was just sitting with her and chatting and when she got up, her butt was wet.  I dont know why.  She had even gone potty not to long before dinner.  I really have no clue what that was about!!
Bubba is doing well... he's a pretty pleasant kid... and I do enjoy being with him.  Until Dee comes home.  Then he feeds off of her bad behavior and gets a little more defiant... but nothing extreme. He has had some congestion and coughing and last night wasnt able to sleep hardly at all because of the coughing.  Tonight.. he is fast asleep and doing fine!! (Yay homemade cough syrup... warm lemondade and lotsa honey!) He had a flu shot on Friday and I wish that they hadnt, because he has had some runny diapers and now has diaper rash becuase of it... Ive been using some other cream, but got him Butt Paste today and I definitly see a difference already!  Thats my new diaper rash cream... it really started clearing it up already!!
Madi has been doing ok.... sigh.  She says having them here is "kinda good" but I can tell its hard for her.  Hard to share her parents, hard to share her things, hard to have someone following her, hard to not try to parent them, hard hard hard.  And last night, my mom watched the kids while Mike and I took our mid-term.  We are in bible school with International School of Ministry.  My mom is pretty good at handling kids and she said it was pure chaos and totally crazy and at one point Madi said its not fair that I have to share and I dont want them here.  Poor kid.  I know this is tough for her, but I think it will get better and then she will enjoy this more.  I think she had this picture of some great siblings that were well behaved, not abused and not neglected. 
We are really just praying through this... praying Dee can focus and listen, praying Bubba can bond and attach to us and learn what real love is and what real parenting is and that Madi can just accept this and learn from it and step up to the challenge!
We had a visit tonight and I we got to meet mom.. but more on that later!

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOO glad the homemade cough syrup is helping him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stealing is an external attempt to soothe an internal struggle. Start speaking to what she may be fearful of (unfortunately she sounds like she may have a lot! :( ). The peeing thing... a control issue (bind that spirit of anger in Jesus name!).

    Praying for all of these transitions! Knowing that He who is IN YOU is the same spirit that rose JESUS from the DEAD! :) You are more than a conqueror!!!
    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.