Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Long Night= Tired Parents!

So... wow.  Dee Dee is a handful.  Oh, what the heck, Im not sugar-coating this... she is difficult!  She doesnt listen when she doesnt want to and no amount of prodding, threatening, or even rewarding can get her to do the thing she doesnt want to do!!  She seems to be immune to any type of parenting so far.  Yes, I know, its only been less than a day, but we had all afternoon and evening with her last night and then this morning.  In that short time we saw a lot of behaviors that suppprt what I just said!
This morning was tough becuase Madi was tired and when she is tired she is on a short fuse and can definitly lose her control quickly!!  So I had 2 kids on timeout before 8:30!  Oh and timeout... what a joke!  Dee Dee wont sit on a timeout for anything!  I ended up sitting her in the corner and then kneeling behind her and gently holding her to keep her in the corner and from looking around and calling the dog.  She really has NOOO desire to listen or to be good!  Anyone have any good timeout tips?  I dont want to have to use force, no matter how gentle the force happens to be!!!
I know its very early on, but I think we are going to have to take advantage of respite care for foster kids with her.  Now... before you judge, I have never ONCE put Madi on respite care and she has been with us for 1 yr and 2 months.  I really dont beleive that respites are the best thing for kids... but in this case, I think for all of us to remain a healthy family for Dee Dee, we will need for her to stay over night every once in a while with someone else!!  I know parenting is a 24 hour job... but OH MY!  God is great and His mercy is enough for me... so I know we can do this.  I know we can be good parents to her!  WITH HELP! 

Anyways... Bubba is a pretty good kid.  He wasnt able to sleep last night much and Mike ended up going into his room and laying in the spare bed with him just to keep him from crying.  As long as someone was laying with him, he laid there quietly, but Mike said bubba just laid there awake most of the night.  Im hoping that will equal some good nap time today, but no holding my breath.  His last foster family said he likes one of those fisher price fish tank toys that hang in the cribs.  He couldnt fall sleep without it at there home and would often wake in the middle of the night and the other foster mom would just turn it back on and he would go right back to sleep.  Of course... we dont have one.  And of course.... they didnt send it with him.  So he just couldnt fall asleep last night.  He also hardly are anything yesterday... so today he is sitting here at the table eating very noisily!! Its cute! lol! 

Today is my birthday.  But I dont think we really are going to celebrate it much.  We are pretty broke and with 2 extra mouths to feed, it seems we will just have a dinner at home.  The only part of that I dislike is the dinner at home part.. and thats only becuase I have to make it.  No one should have to make dinner on their birthdays!! (haha... that should be a national law!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.