Saturday, October 17, 2009

How you can help!

This is a repost from my facebook page... thanks for all who have asked how to help.. .its such a blessing!! :o)

Im so blessed by the people I know!! (That would be you)

Since announcing we were getting two new kids, some of you have emailed and asked how you could help. Wow.. thanks for even asking! Rather than write the same things over and over, Im putting it in a note!

I talked to the principal and a caseworker and found out that these 2 kids are coming to us with only a few things that the current foster family bought them in the last few weeks. They dont have winter coats, or new shoes and only a few items of clothing. I wish I knew thier sizes, but the principal of the girl said she is TINY.. like the size of a 3 yr old. (So now, I have 2 tiny girls... they will fit well together!!)
We have TONS of stuffed animals and games and books, but I went through my toys and I dont really have any for a boy. At 2, I figure he would like trains, and dogs, and jungle stuff (We dont do guns or anything like that). Thankfully, at 6, the girl will have similar likes as Madi, and Madi has barbies and my little ponies and lots of movies!

We also need pillows... Madi has 2 and thats all the ones we have!! :o/
And Boys bedding... crib bedding and also something boyish or nuetral for the extra bed in his room.
I still could use some storage... like a small dresser or something.
Im sure he is still in diapers, so we could use some of those, lol!

As far as clothes... as soon as I know thier sizes, I will post them.
Obviously, money is tight and will be for the next month or so until we get them the things they need, but I could pay something for the things you have that we need.

Sorry this is so scattered... its hard to even think about what they will need without knowing what they have. I know its getting cold, but Madi looooves to ride her bike and scooter... so the kids could use things like that so they arent fighting over the bike and scooter.

And the most important thing... PRAYERS!!! Transitions are NEVER easy for these kids, or for the fams. It will take a lot of adjusting, and will be a long road to help the girl to succeed in school... @ 6 she cant count and doesnt know any letters yet. :o/

Anyways, if I tagged you... its just to get the word out and to pray! (Or I tagged you becuase you emailed me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.