Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stinkin Empty House

Every morning, Monday through Friday, I go through kid withdrawal.  Empty Nest Syndrome this early??  I love it when 3:44 comes back around every afternoon. I say to Tink (the dog), Tink, wanna go get Madi?  Lets go to the bus! And she wags her tail, stretches and goes right over to where her leash hangs waiting for her.   She prances all the way to the bus stop, not stopping along the way, wanting to get to her Madi as bad as I do. 

I know, Im weird.  And yes, I love naps, and I do love having some time to my self, but geez, 7 hours!?  Im bored after hour 3.  I think I'd be a happy mom if Madi could go to half day kindergarden till she graduates! Haha. 

So today, well, yesterday now, I got up, put Madi on the bus, did my laundry, cleaned and was bored, so I took a nap.  A LOOONG nap.  Too long.  Now Im up.  Its 1:20 in the morning and IM up.  Sigh.  Hiss.  BOO! 

I need to pray for our next kid/kids.  I want them to come soon.  Can I tell you what Im hoping for?  A sibling group.  2 girls, a toddler and an older girl Madi's age.  But in reality, I'd take anyone!!  Our house feels empty.  The extra room has a closed door, and every time I go in there it feels so empty and sad.  Even Madi's room feels a bit empty.  She told me the other day her stuffed animals want a sister becuase she cant sleep with all of them at once and she tries to rotate so she doesnt hurt their feelings, but cant get to all of them.  Her little heart needs a sister... a best friend. 

The baby we recently had, Baby N, really helped us feel less empty.  It helped us feel more like a family.  Madi considered Baby N her best friend and her sister, even though she was only with us for a month.  We are just waiting and praying for our next sister to come. 

Lord please let her, no, let THEM come!!

1 comment:

  1. Dana,
    Thank you for the comments on my blog. It is always nice to "meet" a new friend. :)

    I loved this post! I can tell you have a heart for children and love being a mommy!! Joining with you in prayer believing God has already chosen the children intended for your family and praying He brings them SOON!!

    Also, the 30 Things post was convicting. Many times we make assumptions or expect things out of people without knowing they have illness (physical, mental or emotional) and how unfair that is on our parts. I know all too often I am guilty of this with my little's. Thanks for the reminder and praying for your health and strength.

    You are close to HP?! Girl, we need to connect in real life. LOL! If you want, email me covenantkprs at gmail dot com
    and I can introduce you to some other mommies doing foster care to adopt just like you!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.