Wednesday, September 9, 2009

HOPE Does Not Disapoint

I was thinking about Mike and I's life verse, the verse which has been there to comfort us through everything storm, the lighthouse in the midst of the rolling waves and gales and winds, and boat-wrecking hurricanes.  I havent thought too much about this verse lately, but its come back to me in the last few days. 

Romans 5:3-5 says: Not only so, but we  also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.   

Sufferings-  I think we have had our fair share... infertility, miscarriages, children we have fostered and loved going home... so CHECK.. lol!

That leads Perseverance-  we have been going this fertility rollar coaster for 3 years and counting... I think we have stayed true to the course... stayed true to the Lord and His calling for our lives.  So another check!

So then we come to character.  My first thought was, yea, Mike and I are definitly characters... but somehow, I dont think thats what this is talking about! Haha! But the dictionary says it has more to do with the integrity of a person, or the honesty and courage they display.  Or someones reputation, or even the capacity or status one can hold or fufull.  This is tough, but I think the Lord has really worked in our lives and brought these things to fruition.  All these trials we have gone through have made us braver and more honest.  I think the way we have perservered has given us a reputation as a family of faith.  So I guess thats a check too!

And all that leads us to HOPE.  We have it.  We are hoping for more little ones to adopt.  We are hoping for that baby to be carried to full term in my womb.  We are hoping for the blessings needed to take in more kids.  And I know God will provide!  I know He will!!  Hope is believing, desiring, and trusting.  That us!!  We beleive in the Lord and what He says He will do, in who He says He is, and all He has done!  We desire for the Lord's Will.  We desire to have His heart!  And We are trusting.  We have been trusting and will continue to!! So we have HOPE! :o)  CHEEEECCCKK!

And becuase God loves us and has sent His Spirit, Hope will not disapoint.  So Im not going to be disapointed.  I have my eyes fixed on Jesus and I will keep them that way! :o)


Where are you in this "map" of life?  I think we all fall in one of these areas for something we are going through.  allow the Lord to help you through your Journey.  Allow His mighty hand to guide you.. even carry you through whatever you are going through, and remember..... HOPE DOES NOT DISAPOINT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.