Thursday, September 17, 2009

Madi's Mask

Im sitting here in the living room listening to Madi talk with her adoption worker and she is making a mask with her that shows how she feels on the inside and she said loved.  And drew a heart and put a dot in it and said God makes her feel loved.  Then added two other dots that were Mike and I and said that we make her feel loved too.
Im glad she feels loved by God.  That makes me know that we are doing a good job.  Even if she hadnt put us in there... just that she immedietly said I feel loved and its God who makes me feel that way, thats worth a 1000 words telling me that we are doing a good job.
Last night after Bible School, she asked us why she couldnt go cause she wants to go to bible school and learn about the bible and about Jesus.  I love that!! I love that she wants to learn more about God and she is hungry for His word in her little 8 yr old way! She has a big girl bible that she cant really read very well, and she asked for a bible that she can read, so Im going to make sure I set aside a few bucks to get her an easy reader Bible soon!! 

Sometimes I really feel like Im screwing up royally.  I feel like I have no patience with her, that I am not teaching her anything.  And that she is going to grow up to hate me and God and life becuase Im not a good mom.  (Yea, Satan has been messing with my mind!) But things like this are God's way of subtly pointing out that Im doing ok.  Im doing my best.  I can always get better, but Im trying and praying and thats what counts!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post and what a blessing to see fruits of God stiring in her young heart!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.