Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yard Sale TIme

Its that time of year... time for the yearly yard sale!  Time to purge the junk... make some extra cash.... and simplify life!

We are having one on Friday and Saturday at my Momma's house.  I am determined to get rid of everything!!  We have tons of clothes.. like 3 HUGE bins full of clothing.   I have taken clothes to consignment before, but the one that I like is very picky... so these are their rejects... which are still very nice and not at all stained, just not "current" enough, or not a name brand. 

The girls are selling rice krispie treats and popsicles and maybe cupcakes, if I find enough time to make them.  Right now, I am crossing off my to-do list.  On it... "sit outside and read and blog for an hour".  Hey, I need that time and it makes me feel accomplished to put it on the list and cross it off with a big flourish of the pink pen!  Seriously... it does!

Today has been a very random day... I couldnt fall asleep until about 3:30... then I had to get up at 5 with Mike to take his car to the garage for inspection.  Then, I came home and tried to go back to sleep... only to find a big giant nasty iccky TICK on me.  Talk about heebie jeebies!!! Makes my skin crawl. 

I eventually did get back to sleep... but Im operating on about 5 hours of sleep.  And actually, I am doing pretty well! 

I have been praying that Mikes car wouldnt need bucket loads of money worth of prayers... and God totally answered.  He only needs tires and some rear break work... for about $700!  We knew it needed tires, and I think we may be able to find cheaper ones that they quoted us.  AND, Mikes check was about $400 more than it usually is becuase of an error last pay!  :oD  PRAISE GOD!!  He always supplies for our needs. 
Thats something Im learning and leaning on more and more.  Im learning that He always supplies... but sometimes we need to ask.  Sometimes we need to put a need out there.  And yet other times... He just does it.  But I think the key is trusting and listening!  Im trying to be better at that.  Trying to listen to Him and His whispers more.  Shutting up every once in a while and just listening.  Im not good at it... thats for sure.. haha! :o)

Still no word on the house front.  The blue farmhouse I have my eye on is finially vacant and we will be able to see it next Sat.  I really hope its as nice as I dream... and that they pick us.  I have quick flashes... almost photographes of what life would look like in the blue farmhouse.   I keep wondering if they are from my own over active imagination, or if they are God...  and if they are God... is it the Blue Farmhouse Im seeing, or another house that He has prepared for us!?!?  I wish I knew.  I know HE knows... but Im getting a little desperate.  I need to just sit back and relax.  Trust Him.  Maybe I should put that on my to-do list.. haha! :o)

Mike and the girls "Geo-Caching" in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.