Saturday, September 11, 2010

Then and Now...

9 years ago today was 9/11.  I was at VFCC, a christian college getting ready for chapel when I first heard about it.  We thought it was an accident, but as we headed to chapel and saw people crying in the halls, we knew it was serious.  They cancelled classes and we spent much time in prayer.  We stayed on campus and didnt dare leave becuase we are super close to Philly.

This year... my day was so different.  I have 5 kids here and was home all day by myself with them.  (My bff's cuties are staying with us for 3 days).  Mike left before anyone was up and returned home at 7:30. 

9 yrs ago I was getting ready for classes and chapel. 
Today, I had to beg the older kids to be good during the littles nap time so I could get a much needed shower.
Then, I was single, happy, and studying to be a Worship Leader.
Now, Im married, even happier, a mom to many, a photographer and an occasional worship leader.
Then, I was worried about my family and friends and was frantically trying to get in touch with them.
Now... I was sooooo happy when my phone stopped ringing.  (Then I discovered the baby had turned it off.. haha.)
Then, I had a sporty little neon... now I drive a sedan and happily am saving for a van!
Then, I went on dates and flirted way to much... now, I am super excited when I get an hour out with the hubs.
Then, I shopped a lot... for clothes and shoes and cute decorations. Now, I shop a lot... for groceries.

Life has changed soooo much since that fateful day, but some things havent.
God's Love.  Yup.  Same yesterday, today, and forever.
Love for my country.  I am so blessed to be born in the USA. 
And the feeling of loss and pain for those who were personally affected by this tragedy.  I cant put into words the way my heart aches for kids who lost parents, parents who lost kids... friends who will never get to have coffee together again.  Firefighters who paid the ultimate price and the list just goes on. 

I will ALWAYS remember that day.  Always.

And just for the record... burning the Koran isnt the answer.  And building a mosque so close to the site where muslim extremist ended thousands of lives is pretty much dead wrong.  Just saying and praying.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Yes, life has changed ... yet stayed the same.


    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.