Friday, September 10, 2010

Less Than

Why do foster kids and adopted kids get looked at like they are "less than"?

Less than real family.

Less then real grandkids.

Just generally less than.

It sucks.  We have family who takes other memebrs children to do all sorts of things.  Buys them all sorts of things... all the time.  And I feel like its a chore to even ask if they will watch my kids.  Not even to take them anywhere...  just watch them.

My kids would love to be taken to the carnival... cause we cant afford it right now.

They would love some random presents... cause we cant do that for them.

My kids would LOOOOVE some extended family lovies... cause we are only mom and dad.

And its not like I expect anyone to buy them stuff or take them places.. but just to spend time with them.
And Mike and i havent had a date in... um.  Months.

Why do we always end up feeling like second best here?  I hate that.  We are doing what God has asked us. 

Ok... enough of the pity party.  I think Im just super stressed with the move.  Im excited, but there is so much to do and only me to do it.  And Im just tired.  And Mike is working a lot.
I could use a break... some help... something.  Lol! :o)

2 comments:

  1. This is not a nice feeling. Sorry! So thankful we do not have this, but sooo many do. PRAYING! A move is a big stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! And wondering, when next weekend can I help you? Or would AFTER your move-in day be better, like sometime the following week?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.