Monday, September 6, 2010

MBM- Toothpaste?

Its amazing how much toothpaste 3 little girls can go through. (And toilet paper.. but thats a whole different post) And for some reason my girls twist the tube instead of rolling it up. No matter how many times you tell them and show them... they twist instead of roll. Oh... and dont get me started on how many times I have to clean up... or yell at them to clean up the globs they leave all over the counter. Seriously.


I saw an infomercial about this toothpaste thingee. And got a little giddy. No, seriously. You mount this sucker on the mirror in the bathroom, screw in your tube of choice, put the cover on it and voila! No more mess or wasted toothpaste. I was in heaven. They stick their brush in and pull it out with perfectly portioned amounts. Genius.


However... my frugal nature never lets me buy anything on tv becuase not only do they charge you a hefty shipping fee... there is that pesky nasty (and totally ridiculous) handleing fee. So I waited a bit and then about 2 weeks ago we were at target and I saw it in the "As Seen On Tv Section". Excitement overtook me! YES... I found it. My bathroom heaven! Except money was super tight (like always) and I just didnt feel like I could justify spending money on it. Ok, ok, ok... confession... I lied. I woulda bought that sucker right then and there for twice the amount to save my sanity, but my ever mindful of the budget hubby said no. Not now baby... I will get you one, but not this week. Poo on that.


I was drug walked away.


The other night, I sent the aformentioned party pooper of a hubby (ok, I know, not fair... but this is MY blog) down to the basement to get some gift bags for our J's birthday gifts and he was down their forever. So, being the nosy woman I am, I went down to nag see what he was doing.



He was looking through a couple of boxes of stuff my mom had given us when she moved out of her house.

What did he find??

MY Toothpaste thingee!!! YES!


Apparently my mom had bought it... decided she didnt like it and gave it to us. SWEET! :o)


I know its little and so silly... but it just blessed my socks off. I still smile when I see it. Then of course I frown at the splatters of who knows what all over the mirrow in front of the sink. Sigh... I just cleaned that!

Lol... Who knew girls could be so messy!?!?

So today I am putting a toothbrush in the memorial box. :o)

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome story. God knows what we need and want and cares about both. He provides in His timing. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You are so funny. Doesn't God just love us so much? He so wants to give us the desires of our heart even if it's just a toothbrush thingee. :)

    And those messy splatters on the mirror...they are just tangible evidence of precious treasures blessing your home. Enjoy (as much as possible) because the time flies quickly.
    Much love!
    LIsa

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.