Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lovin' Bible Time

So far... Madi and I's favorite subject is Bible!!  Madi LOVES the Bible... she loves learning about God... and we have a great book called My Heavenly Helper.. but we are going to need a new one soon.... she is flying through it!
I love it becuase not only do I get to teach her biblical prinicples and foundational truths... I also get to encourage her relationship with her Abba Father.  AND... I have discovered that it works to teach all types of skills!
We are memorizing Genesis 9:13- I have set a rainbow in the clouds and it will be a sign of my covenant between me and the earth.

So just by working on this... Madi is practicing memorization, spelling, handwriting, and vocabulary.
We learned what a covenant was... and also through our discussion, what Hope means.  She now can spell covenant and between and rainbow... and I had her write it on a peice of card stock super duper neatly to hang up in her room beside her bed.  :o)

Ahhh... yes, I was meant to be a homeschoolin' momma!!
Just because.... thats my sassy girl!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys. I remember and still experience that awesome feeling of seeing my kid grasp a concept. It is still the number one top reason for homeschooling for me... watching my kids learn.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.