Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thank You Jesus for Public Libraries!

Well.  Here we are... over a month with no computer.  Poo.  Its such a simple fix... but we have not had the free time during the day at all to get it to our friends shop!  Hopefully this week... ha.  :o)

I did find our local public library and their free internet tho! :o)  LOVEing that right now... :o)

There has been so much in my mind to share... things God is showing us... quotes and thoughts about those quotes... happenings with the kids... and just my own ramblings too, but I'm here and mind is blank! (no comments on that please... hehe).

Well, I got Jay and Kiki in to counseling... so Im hoping that will help both of them in the different areas they need.  Jay just needs a chance to talk... shes 8, so a lot of the time Kiki (12) keeps her quiet, or puts her down so much she shuts down.  She also has a lot of abnormal fears... probably from past experiences.  And there is a possibilty of some form of abuse in her past.  So we think that just giving her an hour a week to just talk all she wants to and say whatever she wants to will help her tremendously.
Kiki... well, thats another story.  She sat and stared in silence for 20 mins during her intake appt.  I have a feeling she will be sitting silently for the whole hour at her first counseling session on friday. She needs to learn how to express her feelings appropriatly tho.  She either just completely shuts down and wont speak or she will get very angry when she has an emotion she doesnt want to feel.  I think she has a lot of hurt inside... and anger, fear, resentment, and who knows what else, but the big one is HURT.

We also signed up all 3 girls for ballet... and OH MY, I have an AMAZING story of God's provision on that to share when I have more time... Kiki started on Monday and LOVED it!!! She did soooo well, I was seriously impressed... she did better than some of the kids that have been doing it for a year!  Madi and Jay start on Thursday, and they are so excited... they got ballet books out of the library and have been practicing positions and plies and rondes and relleves (dont laugh at my spelling) all week!! 
Madi also will be starting gymnastics tonight!  She is always running around and trying to do summersaults and tumbling things, so this will be PERFECT for her!
Kiki is going to do soccer this summer and starts conditioning for it very soon... so we will have a super busy schedule, but as long as all three keep their grades up... it will be ok!
We have discovered that little Jay has an AMAZING voice!  The kid is good!  So, her activity will be piano and voice lessons... with me! :o)  I cant wait to get that started!  I think she will do very very well!
It seems all I have been doing is taxi-ing the kids to all their appts.  When kids come into foster care, they have to get physicals and dental exams and evals for counseling, and eye exams and inevitably, they all need somethign extra!  Like Kiki... at her dental we discovered she has a partial tooth that was decayed and broke off and now is lodged in her gums!  So she has to have surgery to have it removed!  Jay has a TON of cavities to get filled, and Madi has her appt to get her second surgery scheduledon her mouth to removed the rest of her damaged teeth.  When Madi first came to live with us, she had 7 teeth removed becuase they were too far gone to save.  Now she has at least 3 more to be removed, and probably 2 to cap.  She already has huge gaps in her mouth where the first set was pulled, so she may even have to see an orthodontist to start braces super early (sigh).
Anyways... thats the life of a foster mom, I suppose!  Oh well... it gives me extra one-on-one time with each kid as we drive all over the county to all these appointments!

1 comment:

  1. Praying!!!! Yep- those extra apts drove me crazy. Joshua had 12 cavities when he came to us. I don't even want to know why!!! Hey, doesn't give you anytime for trouble- that is a joke I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.