Saturday, January 9, 2010

Still no puter..

Yea.  Its still not working.. but my amazing husband DOES know how to fix it... hopefully on Monday we will have time to run it to a friends shop who has the proper cords. 
Things with the girls are going well... had an "incident" today between the young ones that really set me on edge and had some fear gripping me.  I really let the fear get to me and had a miserable day... then Mike got home and said I can go if I want, nap if I need, or stay... whatever will make me feel better and help me through this.  So, I decided to go get milk and then stop at the church to finish printing my music for tomorrow morning.
I have been sitting her for over an hour not doing any "work"... just soaking in some Jesus.  I have some worship music on and Im relaxing and just remembering
*HE commands the winds and the waves*
*HE makes the storms come and go*
*HE sits on the throne*
*HE reigns forever*
AND HE has not given me a spirit of fear!!
SO I am rising up in Him and casting my fears and cares and problems on Him.
He is my ROCK
REDEEMER
SHELTER
PROMISE
REASON
EVERYTHING!!!

I feel so incredibly blessed to have Mike as my partner.  I realized today that being a foster parent is most certainly the hardest job I could ever choose to do... but becuase my God is carrying me through and my husband is by my side being so supportive, I can do this.  I can make it through.  And it IS worth it!  The redemption of orphans is WORTH it.  Forever and always.... it is worth it. 
There are days when I want to quit.  Days when I hear myself say "Dana, you have your kid... you adopted Madi, you can be done now.  You have won your "Good Deed" award for you whole lifetime.  You can stop now"... but when I silence that voice and listen to God's... He is saying "Baby girl, you have done an amazing thing in obeying Me this far, but will you do even more amazing things by CONTINUING to obey Me?  Will you and your family continue the redemptive work of my precious children, the ones that are the least of these?  Will YOU finish the race strong and happy?"

And even after a day like today... I can only say "YES, Jesus, YES!"

May my life be an offering, poured out to only you.
May my life be a light, shining only for you.
May my life be lived well, only for you.
Any of it, for you.
The good and bad, for you.
Whats first, whats last, for you
All of it, for you.
Only, Always, Forever,
FOR YOU!
(Dana Matson- from a song I'm writing)

1 comment:

  1. I am with you.....Thank God for those willing to hang in there. You are willing to put God's plan first, and know that you are amazing. I loved your post. Waiting to see if we get to bring Naomi home is driving me nuts!!! So I let your words soak into me....THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.