Friday, January 29, 2010

Ahhh.... (thats my sigh of contentment!)

Our trip.... one word.... AHHHHHHHHmazing!
Ha!
It was so relaxing.  Big shower, gorgeous king sized bed, a room with more windows than walls, and a birds  eye view of the ocean... what more could I want?  I adore the ocean... I could truly live there and be so content.  The smell of the salty tangy air, the feel of the ocean spray coming off the pier, the pillowy sand under your feet, the cry of silly seagulls, all of it makes me feel so at home (even when its cold!!) and so peaceful!  I love to walk beside Mike talking, being silent, looking for the best seashells, watching for interesting birds, and admiring God's creation.  Some times it feels like the Lord made that beach, that day, that sunswept spot on earth just for us to enjoy.  I love the feeling of contentment that washes over, like the waves wash over rocks in the tidepools... I always leave the beach feeling for refreshed and wonderful... its no wonder I always want to go back. 

I think the Lord made me to live near water.  I love it!! :o)

On another note, if your a parent of a kid with an attachtment disorder, you will understand this... my Madi was actually SAD to see us leave, and soooo EXCITED when we came home!!  I cried.  Yup... I did.  For those of you without a kid like Madi, this makes no sense... this is how your kid is always.  Not mine!  This past year and half, whenever we have gone away, Madi just happily waved bye, and went on with her business.  When we cam home, she was like, Hi, and back to her playing.  Becuase of her attachtment disorder, she wasnt bonded with us in a real tangible heartfelt way.  But... things have been changing in her lately.  The true bonds of love have been forming in her and I think God has been doing a lot of healing in her little heart and life too!! She was very anxious all day Saturday and SUnday morning before we left and kept saying, Im glad Mimi is coming, but I dont want you to leave!  When it was time to go, she just clung to me.. and she is soo hyper all the time, she never just clings or rests in your arms, and thats exactly what she did!!!  And when we came back, she ran to the door and held on to me so tight and for the first time EVER, she said "Mommy, I missed you!!!!!!"  Ahhhh... that makes this momma's heart sing!!
Praise the ONE who does all these
things,
just to please His kids!!

Well, I think thats all for now... computer is still not fixed, but is at the shop.  Oh... and now Mikes car needs a new water pump... but Thank God again that He provides and puts people in our lives that can fix water pumps for next to nothing!!

1 comment:

  1. From a mommy that knows what that means- THAT IS THE MOST AWESOME THING IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! WOW! Praise God for that miracle and praying for continued healing in her heart.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.