Sunday, November 15, 2009

Groceries

I never really understood why giving someone the gift of groceries was such a blessing.
Sure... free food when your struggling is a wonderful thing, but it goes much much deeper than that!
The gift of groceries is so much more than free food.
Instead, its the solid feeling and knowledge that for another week, you have food to feed your family.  That no matter what car breaks, no matter how much gas prices rise, no matter what unexpected thing comes up... you can fill your babies bellies.
Its the knowledge that someone loves you.  Someone cares about you.  Someone is concerned with your babies belly.  Someone other than you.  Someone if thinking about you... of you.
Its the soul-satisying way the Lord shows you HE is thinking of you!  He cares about you... cares about your children... your husband.  Cares so much He chose to use someone else to show you.  He also is chosing to bless someone else by having them bless you!  Its cool to see God blessing others. 
Yeah, its humbling.  Being on the recieveing end.  I know.  But the Lord is really showing me that He wants to use us in a lot of ways... and right now, others blessing us is His way of using us!  Its a little bit of a weird thing for me.  Becuase my heart is to help others... always.  I wish I had millions to give away... wishing I could bless others with groceries is a daily prayer of mine.  I wish we had the money to sponsor hundreds of orphans, and could bless hundreds of families by paying for their adoption fees. 
Ahh... I digress.
Back to groceries.  Its a blessing in so many ways.  I cant wait until the day when we can bless others.  In the meantime, I'm trying to stay humble in this and accept with a smile.  And pray for those that bless us.

1 comment:

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.