Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Boogey Men Are Real

My facebook status today:

when your child's bogeyman is a person in their lives.... and they still have to see them... nothing you say or do can make it ok. Man... my heart is aching. This is one of those times when beng a foster parent sucks. I cant protect my child becuase she isnt mine legally. Pray for our kids today... please!?

 

One of our foster kids told us this weekend that someone in their life that they are legally made to visit with has s*xually abused them in the past.  Tonight they have a visit with this person.  I got my first ever phone call from the school asking me to pick this child up!! I had just put Bubba down for a much needed nap and the (amazingly wonderful awesome) principal said it is ok, they put her in learning support with a one on one aide for the rest of the day.  Apparantly she bit 3 students, hit a few teachers, and was hysterically crying at one point, and just generally unhappy and crying for the rest of the day.  I asked her to be put on the phone and I began to ask her if she was angry and she said yes, but couldnt identify why.  I asked her if she was sad and she said yes, but again, couldnt identify why.  I asked her if she was scared and she said yes... and I asked why, and she said "I dont want to go to jail".  And then gave the phone to her principal and started jibber jabbering about random stuff... she is the BEST at changing the subject.  Shes scared of going to jail becuase she told me she was abused.  When she told me about the abuse, she said she didnt want to go to jail.  She thought I would send her to jail.  Or her abuser would.  And now tonight, she has to go face her abuser.  No wonder she is scared.  No wonder she is freaking out.
And I cant do a freakin thing!!  Jesus help me!  Jesus take the wheel here cuase Im feeling totally helpless.  Pray for these 2 beautful lil beings who need healing and peace and a SAFE LIFE!!  I feel like my hands are tied behind my back and Im strapped to a wall while my kid is forced to go play with the boogey man.  TO hug the boogey man. 
So pray for her mind.  Pray for her peace and her safety.  And pray that Jesus just wraps His loving Daddy arms around them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.