Thursday, February 18, 2010

What Am I Thinking!?!

So, the other night, I went to a Mary Kay thing for a friend who start selling it a few months ago.  Joan is a sweet friend and I really enjoy her, so I decided to go becuase she is cool!!! I have sold a few things... candles, jewelry, knives even... and enjoyed some of it.  I especially enjoyed the jewelry.  But when I stopped selling it, I pretty much decided I was done selling stuff.  Its not that I'm not good at it... I did make some nice money, but I think I'm out of time, out of energy, and out of people who want to buy more stuff from me.. haha!
Anyways... somehow I got talked into staying for the "you know you wanna do this" part.  They said, it will give Joan some more points, so, ok.  I stayed.  I listened.  And its all so tempting. 
And all I can think then is:
WHAT AM I THINKING!?!?!
Do I really want to do this again?  The money would be nice... but the fellowship and friendship would be even nicer! The paperwork and the time would be hard to deal with, but half priced makeup (that I already use) would be a big benefit.  

If (big IF) I would do this.. I think I would look at it as a hobby.  As a fun thing to do... get some cheap makeup, some friends, and maybe make a few extra bucks to buy myself something pretty.  Or more likely... to buy the kids something they need.  (Ugh... I just got the list of stuff Kiki needs to start soccer... what the heck!! lol... they need a lot to kick a ball around in Middle School!!)

Seriously.  I cant believe I'm actually entertaining the notion of selling Mary Kay.  I always always snubbed my nose at selling that stuff.  Yet... I LOVE pink!  I like that they encourage you to put God first, family second, and job 3rd.  Why was I always so against it.  And why in the world am I even considering this! Ha!
The lady who called me tonight as a follow up said I sounded like I am at war with myself.  Darn tootin' I am! :o)
Oh help.  lol!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I just now read this! And you know what? I could have WRITTEN IT! <3

    Seriously, I support you in whatever decision you make, in this and any other areas, but I have to tell you - I have been blessed beyond belief by this "Am I crazy?" opportunity. I went into it to get the discount, sure, but also because I desperately was seeking spirit-filled girlfriends - I was tired of spending my life surrounded by negativity!

    It's to the point now where, making money is great, but it's a side benefit to making FRIENDS, which honestly I always struggled with. It's gotten me to come out of my comfort zone, and look, because of it, I got in touch with YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.