Thursday, February 25, 2010

Adoption??

Man, have I been challanged by some of the blogs I read.  Ladies... you have no idea. 3 blogs that I read have recently posted about adopting even tho you dont have the money, the space, the whatever to do it.  And another one alluded to it.
God.  If your saying its time for us to do international, or even domestic adoption... please Father, prepare us to see it, and then show it to us.
I'm laughing now.  Oh, my, I think He is showing it to us.  I have that "God moment" feeling in my belly!
Let me just say that financially, we CAN NOT afford an adoption.  Truly, the way we are budgeted now... we couldnt really afford another kid without some help.  BUT GOD. 
I just signed up to sell Mary Kay.  I know that I probably wont make a ton of money, but really, how much does it cost to feed a child?  http://hishandshisfeettoday.blogspot.com/  Just posted a blog about this.  They have 10 (seriously, 10) adopted kids and they spend about $16 a week per person for groceries, and they homeschool (so they have to do 3 meals), and some (all?) of the kids eat a GFCF diet, which is more expensive.  I know if I restructered the budget (and learn how to spell restructered, haha), I could make it work.  And even more.  God would provide. 
We have the space, I have the time, we have the love, the heart, the patience... so whats a little money to stand in the way of saving a child?  Of allowing God to use us to redeem a child?  Of giving a child a future, a life, a family, and LOVE?  God's got cattle on a thousand hills.  Hes got the money to do it.  But are we ready to do it?  Are we ready to sacrifice?
Oh thats the key I'm sure.  Sacrifice.  Oh Jesus... increase the You in me.. and in Mike.. and in Madi so we are ready, willing, able, and EAGER to sacrifice.
When I think about the financial stuff, I think, we need to buy a van first.  Right now, we have one car, and are borrowing my moms to have a second one, just so we can make the schedules work.  Thats not a permanant solution.  So I guess we really need God to provide a way for us to buy a van. Hopefully without going into any debt.  But me saying, we get a van, and THEN, we start looking into adoption just sounds LAME.

There is never a perfect time.
There is never a perfect situation.
Our lives are never ready for change.
Change is never easy.
There is never going to be a time when we need nothing.

I really am feeling in my spirit that the time is NOW.  And seriously, that scares the CA-RAP outta me!!
Lord prepare us.
Make us ready.
Help us stay in YOUR plans.
All for you Jesus.
All for you.



The other blogs that have posted about this are:
http://arethesekidsallyours.blogspot.com/ (The post titled "Love notes from kids")
http://aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/  (The post titled "If We Had The Money")
http://imghanaadopt.blogspot.com/ (she alluded to it, but Im sure if you look through her archives you'd find some more about it!!
http://mountaintopmemories.blogspot.com/ (I know its on her blog somewhere, but I cant find it....)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post Dana! Thanks for the shout out! Yes, I have posted many times about the BUT GOD moments in our adoptions and financial is always the area we need God to move in and He always comes through!
    I shared this post with my hubby and older sons because we have been discussing "stretching wide our tents" yet again to allow some more little people to have a family.
    And all I have to say is BUT GOD!!!
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad my post was an encouragement to you today. Yes .. But God.

    When we stepped out in faith to adopt 3 children from Ghana, we had NO idea how we would possibly pay for it. NO idea! But ... we KNEW that was what God was calling us to do.

    One month after we said, "YES" to adopting ... we met a couple who gave us a check for $15,000 for our adoption. YES! God had the plan all arranged ... we just had to step out in faith.

    Then ... God provided extra work for my husband, so that we could raise the additional $10,000 that we needed.

    God will provide you with just the right van ... but maybe you are supposed to say YES to adoption first. He needs to know that you trust Him to provide.

    Blessings,

    mama of 13

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.