Monday, February 15, 2010

Madi & The Medicine Man

Last tuesday we took Madison to the doctor to start her on ADHD meds.  I have been avoiding this since she first came to live with us, so I was very nervous about this tranistion.  We picked up her meds, just as the second blizzard in less than a week started.  This blizzard has actually served us well on this front.  We started the Concerta on Wednesday morning and the kids have been off school since then!  (Driving this mama a lil batty!) The first day, Madi colored a picture that looked YEARS more advanced than one she did the day before!  That evening she went and sat with Mike on his lap for over 5 mins.  If you have any experience with an extremely adhd kid, you know that they cant sit still for 30 seconds, let alone 5 mins with no TV to watch.  Not only did she sit there, she sat still.  I could tell that for Mike it was a dream come true.  A true bonding moment.  And he isnt the only one who has had some this past week!! I held her in my lap for a long time the other morning just holding her.  She also sat with me while I read my book.  She just sat and was content to just be.  That was definitly not how Madi acted before!!  She was never happy being still.  We also have not had any fits until today!  There has been so much peace in this house since starting this medicine, it makes me wonder why I waited!  (She threw 2 fits today... but she threw up this morning only an hour after she took her pill and we had to get up super early for Kiki's tooth extraction!)
Im seeing parts of my little girls personality emerge through the hyperness and we are truly enjoying it!  She is soooo much more pleasant to be around and is a lot (LOOOTTTT) less volitile!  YAY for the Medicine... and the wonderful counselor who talked me into trying it!! Shes out Medicine Man.  And praise Jesus for helping us come to this conclusion with the peace of knowing we tried all the other methods to treat ADHD!  And Praise Jesus for bringing out the best parts of our baby girl! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.