Saturday, April 16, 2011

I am a Lazy Mom

Yup.  Ill admit it. Im a lazy mom.

I make my kid clean up after herself.
My Child has chores and responsibilities.
She doesnt "rule the roost".

I want her to be responsible for herself.
I discipline her.
I take care of myself.  (Ok, working on that one)
I teach her by example.

Yup... I'm a lazy mom.  :o)

Read this: http://www.imalazymom.com/2010/09/parenting-lazy-mom-way-what-is-lazy-mom.html


Um... yup.. new favorite blog. 
Basically... if your a momma who doesnt cater to your childs ever whim wish and flighty little want, you might be a lazy mom.
So many parents just do what their kids want.  They want them to be happy ALL the time.  They dont discipline, they dont punish.  They dont give direction or guidance other than "whatever you do is fine as long as your happy".  The kids dont do chores or help around the house or even clean up after themselves.
Then these same parents wonder why their kids are unmotivated, dropping out of college or even high school, pregnant with a criminal record.  Really???
Now, I know thats extreme... but as parents we need to teach our children the value of work.  The value of taking pride in something, like a clean room.  We also need to show our love by using discipline... guidance... and giving direction.  And by doing those things, our children will feel loved, supported, rooted and grounded.  They will grow to be productive happy people.  And they will still be happy children. 

And thats what that blog is about.  If we do EVERYTHING for our kids, what are they learning? Nuffin.

So yea.  Im a lazy mom.  Are you??

2 comments:

  1. I am so addicted to her blog!! It is funny and real and hilarious, and I don't feel all alone in this parenting thing! Glad that you like it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the opposite of being a lazy mom really. The true lazy mom is the one who think it is easier to parent by doing everything herself instead of doing the hard things like discipline and teaching them to do things aound the house so the kids can actually survive on their own after they grow up. That is actually what good parenting is all about. You sound like a super mom to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.