Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our Infertility Journey

I thought maybe I would take time to share our infertility journey (the readers digest version) on here... because you ladies asked me some great questions after my last post.

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16.. so Mike and I knew that pregnancy would be a difficult thing for us.  We had been married about a year and a half when we felt ready to try to concieve (TTC).  We assumed we would have to try for a while before we could actually start infertilitty meds.  I had lost a lot of weight and my periods were actually very regular... and after trying for about 3 months we got pregnant!  But, I found out the same day that I also had devolped diabetes as a side affect or part of my PCOS.  We lost our first baby at about 7 weeks, and we named her Hope.  After that the docs put me on a ton of meds and told me to wait a year.  I was DEVASTATED!  A year?  At the time I remember thinking that it seemed like a life time.  Almost 4 yrs later... yea, not so much!  As I was on all those meds I gained all the weight back that I had lost... in about a 7 or 8 month time period, and the one thing the docs always tell you is to LOSE WEIGHT to get rid of the diabetes.  So I went rogue.  I took myself off all meds and lost all that weight again and then some more.  During that time, I also concieved 3 more times and lost them all.  The last one, was about a year ago now and after that one the doc said that most likely all I would need to do is use progesterone to keep the pregnancy viable.  It seems inconcievable to me that thats all it would take.  It scares me SOOOO much to think about trying again and one little suppository would keep my baby alive.

So thats where we are.  I do know that something is just not "right" with me right now.  I need to visit the doc for some bloodwork to figure out whats up.  It could be something as simple as my Rhuematoid Arthritis (RA) acting up, or my hormone levels outta whack due the PCOS... or something else. Id like to think its just the RA or PCOS... thats my hope. 

Basically... my dilemma is totally fear based...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for you losses.....that is sooo hard. Praying that God brings you whatever children He has in store for you- by adoption or birth...Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed reading your blog and Madison is absolutely precious! What a little blessing!

    Whatever you decide, I'll keep you in my prayers...my husband and I have been married for 5 years as well and I suffer from secondary infertility - I have 2 daughters from a previous marriage, he has no biological children and absolutely adores children. I have endometriosis so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.