Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What a Blessing

This past weekend, the hubs and I threw each other a party for our birthdays!  His was on the 11th, and today, the 20th is mine.

What a blessing.  The day was wonderful!!  There were about 30 people packed into my house and overflowing to the outside.  So much chatting and great fellowship occurred... and that made me so happy.  I had a moment at one point that I just wanted to share.

Mike and I were holding a big platter of cake surrounded by cupcakes, the candles were lit and everyone was singing to us.  There were a LOT of people there and the love that was flowing was amazing. I looked into Mikes eyes and we smiled.. we were kinda embarrased to be in the midst of so much attention, but at that moment, I just felt so full.  Full of love, blessings, hope, encouragement, friendship... full of Jesus.  It rocked.  

I have felt for a few years now that we have been alone... Jesus and each other were our only friends, but now I cansee God bringing us into a time of plenty in this area.  And I am so thankful.  My best friends now live 3 hours away, instead of 14... we have renewed friendships that have been lost, or just left by the wayside... and we are making new friends at church.  And our party was a mix of all those friendships. 

Another favorite of the day??  The homemade cards.  OH MY WORD!!  Our bar is LOADED with them!!  The kids all made us some.  And the words they used and what they said to us made us swell with love and pride!!!

And, can I say.... a few months ago... the idea of a party at our house would make me cringe becuase of the behaviors that I would expect to see from them. Anger and attitude from the oldest, lying and trying to get attention fromt he youngest and who knows from Madi. On Saturday.... I swear, if you didnt know they were kids with issues, you would have had no clue that they were just normal attatched kids.  It was awesome.  We were so proud of them!! They were happy and cheerful, helpful and sweet... and they had lots of other kids to play with... which makes me so happy.  We finially have friends with kids!! Haha!

Anyways... what a blessing.  I think it was the best birthday party I have EVER had... those memories will bring a smile to my face for a long long time!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! Sounds like you guys made a beautiful memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the both of you.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.