Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How powerful is your worship?

Tonight, at bible school, I was super challanged by Lamar Boschman's teaching on worship.  He was teaching on how to be a rue worshipper.  Not just someone who worships during a church service only, but someone who worships through it ALLLLL.
I havent been that.  I think I used to be.  I used to be the girl who praise God through it all.  And Mike and I have been through it all.  Deaths of relatives, deaths of our unborn children, loss of jobs, major illnesses, loss of friends, just LOSS.  A lot.  And through all of that, I praised God.
When did I stop doing that on a regular basis!??!
Where did I turn away from thanking Him for everything!??!

Tonight, I made a decision to be that girl again... but better.   I had to repent to the Lord!  Ive been walking around, and when people ask me how I am, I have been like "eh. ive been better" or something not so positive.  And no, Im not doing ok.  Yes, I am scared, yes, I am worried and stressed and sad, and mad, and confused, and a whole bunch more.  BUT, the Lord is my strength, my rock, my shelter.  He is my joy and if I were to tap into that joy, I could honestly answer people with something positive and be a light.  I havent been a light this week.  I thought about today, when Madi's therapist asked how I was, I could have shone brightly and told her that, this situation is bad, but we are beleiving that Jesus is gonna work it out and we are just knowing God is in control.  But I didnt.  And the same thing when I dropped Madi off at school, her principal asked how I was.  I missed two GREAT opportunities to show Jesus!!

But thank you FATHER, thank you, that you will let me have other opportunities.  And Please please Father, allow me to be more positive.  Give me the strength to praise you!!

Here is some steps to take to become a consistant worshipper:
1. Make a DECISION to praise Him, whether you feel like it or not.  Becuase worship needs to be an act of our WILL, not out emotions!!
2.  Give thanks everyday.  All day.  No matter what.  No food in the cupboards?  Praise Him.  No money? Praise Him.  No job?  Praise Him.  Just simply and wholeheartedly praise Him and be thankful for Him and to Him!!
3. BLESS the Lord at all times.  Through the stress and stuggles, the good and the bad, BLESS the LORD!!
4.  Praise Him in PRIVATE!!!  Psalm 149:5 says to worship Him in our beds.  This is that lifestyle thing... praise Him when NO ONE is listening.  Praise Him when your alone!!  It creates such an intamacy with the Lord and helps you to develop that never ending conversation with the Lord!
5.  Praise Him in PUBLIC!!  When someone asks you how you are, use your answer to praise Him!! Praise Him in song, or humming or just in thought as you are walking through the grocery store.  If every christian truly praised the Lord in public, imagine the impact we could have??

Im going to start doing these things.  I need to get back into this lifestyle of worship and praise Him through it all.  To bless Him through it all.  And to Thank Him through it all!!!

Lamar said that our worship is only as powerful as our lives.   If we have POWERFUL worship.. then that means we have a powerful life.  And a powerful chirstian life will change many many other peoples lives!

So, one question.....

How powerful is YOUR worship?

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your blog.....praying for continuing healing, and praising that these children are with you!!!!!
    Love your post today! I really needed to hear that....because I have forgotten as well, and needed a reminder! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.