Monday, December 14, 2009

Court Today

Court today... well, for lack of a better word, SUCKED.
We waited around for 3 hours only to walk into the room, sit for 5 mins and have our hearts brutally ripped from our chests.
Basically, the kids lawyer used a lot of legal mumbo jumbo and droned on for 3 mins about how the previous abuse allegations where unfounded and there were new allegations from Dee, but an investigation hasnt been opened.  Then the lawyers for the parents said this has drug on forever (a whole 4 mos) and its time for them to come home now.  The judge was all kinds of apologetic to the parents (what the heck?) and said your right, it has been to long, blah blah.  SO there is a shelter hearing on Wed to determine if there home is suitable.  Suitable for what... oh, nothin much, just for Bubba to return home.  Thats the point in time when our hearts where ripped out.  Judge still says Dad cant live there.. yeah right, cause they followed that last time, but bubba can go home.  What crack are these people smoking?  How is it ok to send a little boy home who was obviously neglected, and whose sister was s*xually abused?  Oh man... I cant even get started.

THEN.. this is my fav... we stepped up to talk to the lawyer and guardium ad litum after they dismissed the parents and the lawyer listened, mostly, but the guardium... not at all.  AND THEN, she left the room and went and got Dee, who was with our agency caseworker, and took her out to see her parents.  The very same people that she was freaking out about becuase she didnt want to see them today and was assuared she wouldnt.  She, of course, was happy, but when her dad picked her up, she began to shake, badly.  Later when her new foster dad and mike and i came out she was still shakey and she told us she was shaking becuase her dad made her that way.  I asked why, she said becuase Im scared.  When our agency caseworker heard this, she went to tell the guardium, who basically said, yea right, i saw her react to her dad, she was happy to see him.  She simply wouldnt listen to any of us.  The caseworker was floored, she couldnt believe it!!!

Needless to say... we were FREAKING out.  What could we do... what can we do???  Nothing.  But wait.  UGH.
So our AMAZING CASEWORKER, who was as upset about the idea of Alex going home as us, went to her supervisor and they talked about what to do.  If nothing was done, they were going to have us all call childline and report stuff.  But, at 8 tonight, she texted me to say that she would be testifing at the shelter hearing on wed and they opened an investigation and would probably be calling to talk to us about Dee's claims.
Im still freaking out.  Still trying to hang on to the threads that seem to be holding this family together. 
I was reminded of this song today in the car:
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

And trying to live by these words.

2 comments:

  1. FLASHBACK for me! Sad days of those horrible court hearings!!!! HATED THEM ALL!!! And we had a lot with 6 children from the foster care system! We are praying for you all!!!! For Dee dee & bubba & you too!!!!! Very scary stuff. Oh yeah don't even get me started at how stupid some of the social workers, judges, and do you have CASA? yeah- well they can all be very stupid at times. I am feeling your pain with you- PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... we dont have a CASA worker... but I dont know why. I dont understand how, with Madi we have the CASA worker who is the most meddleing woman I have ever met. She has been in everything and overstepped her bounds so many times. BUT, she does care about the kids. She does advocate for them.
    Im just feeling completely inadequate! How did you deal with this stuff?? How did you get past the feeling that you just couldnt do it ever again? UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.