Saturday, March 19, 2011

An Only Child?

Madi is an only child again.  This has only been the case for a few months out of her almost 10 years of life.  I wonder how it will go. 

Yesterday, the caseworker came and picked up K & J and took them to their new home.  They were sad.... but ok.  The new family seems nice... and they have a 6 yr old daughter. 

Then Madi went to her first ever sleepover at a friends house since coming to live with us.  I really wondered if this was smart or not... but after talking to the mom this morning... it was good.  She and Grace had tons of fun and are now at the movies together!!  This family is one we see multiple times a week at church... so Madi knows them all very well and they know her... (a big bonus, lol). 

I think for me... it hasnt all sank in yet.  They have gone away for the weekend before... so it kind of just feels like that.  But the rooms are empty.  This old house is very very quiet.  I have to wonder... how long before it is too quiet?  How long before those rooms need filled again?

We are switching agencies... mostly because we want one based in our county... not the next one over.  I hate all the driving involved.. especially when every appointment takes at least an hour to get there.  If they were closer... it woud be so much better!!  So I am researching agencies and trying to let God lead us to the right one.

I have asked myself... and MIke has also asked himself many many times... did we make the right choice?  And overwhelmingly.. the peace floods in and the answer is a big breathy "YES".  Its not easy.  It will not get easier.  But GOD is in control and I put my trust and hope in Him and Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.