Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 09

Yay... yesterday was a lot of fun!  Mike had to work... sadface... but the extra money is much appreciated, and he got off at 3, so we still got to eat with him!
My aunt Barbie picked the kids and I up at 1130 and we went to my moms house to play until dinner was ready at 3.  The kids made turkey hands and we stuck them up on the window


(Sorry about Dee Dee's blurry face... since her and Bubba's parents are still part of their lives, we have to keep them private... but since Madi could be adopted within the next 20 days, Im bending the rules and putting her pics up! :O)
The girls also got to play with the new play dough kits my mom got them... they are so neat!!  One of them made cupcakes and cakes and stuff, and the other ice cream treats!  
We also took a few pics of the kids in their cute outfits, but obviously I cant post them here.  SADFACE!  :o)
The food was amazing.  I LOVE new food and exotic tastes and using tons of different seasonings, but there is something so good and comforting about a traditional home cooked Thanksgiving dinner!!  The turkey, the stuffing, corn and my Aunt Barb's awesome mashed potatoes. No fluff...just potatoes milk and a CRAP TON of butter.. haha!  Paula Deen would lover her potatoes!! And the kids... holy cow did they eat!  Dee Dee had a plate fuller than mine, and seconds on the potatoes, corn and filling.  Man, she ate soooo much.  And Alex had 2 and a half bowls of potatoes, corn and turkey mixed together.  Madi didnt do so well... but she was having some serious issues with not have all the adult attention on her.  Oh well.
After the wonderful meal and delcious pies for dessert, we adults played a couple games of my fav, 500 bid!! Love that game.  Alex and Mike played with this cool wooden farm set that my mom found for him.  Oh, and watched football. :o)

(Playing blocks with Daddy!)

It was a truly wonderful day, and makes me feel even more thankful than ever before!  Cant wait until Sunday... we are spending the day wtih Mike's family and having a baby shower for his brother and sister in law.  Gotta love a monkey-themed shower for a lil boy.  And I'm in charge of decorating... hehe! LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.