Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Party @ the Matsons!

This Sunday we are (finially) having our house warming party!  YAY!  I am so very excited to open up our home to our friends and family.  Living with my mom was a learning experience and IM glad to have had it, but I missed the freedom to have friends over, to have that "open house" feeling.  I missed partys and late night get togethers.  So this feels like the begining of getting back into that!! 
I want our house to be a welcoming place and place where people can feel safe, feel happy, and where God reigns supreme!!

As for me and my house... We will serve the Lord!!

On another note... we have decided to have "fair foods" for he party!!  I got a cotton candy maker (one of my yardsale find @ $1), and Shell gave us her funnel cake maker!!  So we have that, plus we are going to try mini corn dogs (homemade, of course, not the frozen nasties), caramel dip with apple slices, lemonade, popcorn, and baked french fries (my attempt to have something un-fried! lol!).   I love fall and I think this will be a great way to celebrate fall funness!!!

I know, random post, but sometimes life feels so serious and crazy, I just wanted to share something fun and exciting that I am looking forward to!  Yeah, really i should be cleaning right now... the living room needs vaccuumed soooo bad, but eh, it can wait! haha!! :o)


And to end this random post, here is a funny for you:  Madi was upstairs watching My Fair Lady (love that movie), and I went up and sat with her for a few mins to sing a long with "Loverly".  We love to sing that song together!  Anyways.. she was singing and came to the part where she sings, "lots of chocolate for me to eat" and Madi suddenly stopped singing and got a thoughtful look on her face and said "Mommy, she must not be very healthy if she eats lots of chocolate, and thats not appropriate".  OH MY.  She is definitly turning into me!!  I am always saying to her, thats not appropriate.  We explained that word to her very early on becuase she had a lot of behaviors and ideas that were really bad, like she always wanted her belly to be showing and to wear short skirts and shorts (shes 8, so at this age it is definitly not ok!).  So now she uses the word a lot (all in the right context, but its always so precocious and funny!).  Love my little girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.