Thursday, August 19, 2010

All about a baby...

I follow a blog that continually challenges, encourages, and strengthens my walk with God.
http://hishandshisfeettoday.blogspot.com/

This is a homeschooling family with 10 kids..... 11 as of a month ago.  And all of them are adopted.  ALLLLLL of them. The mom is amazing.  Her walk with Jesus is so close... you cant tell where He stops and she starts.  Seriously. 

I am so glad I found this blog.  God has used this woman and her family to show me so many things! 

Recently, they adopted Selah Hope.  She was born with Hydranencephaly which basically means she only has a partial brain, or none at all.  This baby was concieved out a horrible circumstance, yet was carried joyfully by her birth mom so she could be given life.  The doctors and nurse in the hospital when she was born basically marked her as a donor child becuase she probably wouldnt live.  They didnt deem her worth enough to hold or feed her properly.  But her momma fought for her.  She was her advocate... her fighter and her champion.

Like God is to us... and especially to the least of these.  To the ones man deems "less than".  Not equal to the rest of "us".

Selah was definitly man's definition of "less than".   To man, she will probably never amount to anything.  Never have an impact... but God has such a CRAZY plan for this sweet baby.  She has already affected so many peoples live... including mine!!!

Doctors probably say she has no feelings or emotions, yet she smiles when scripture is read to her and when Life is spoken over her. 

She may live only a short time here on earth, but she will change the world. 

And yet... with God... she may life a long full life.  I truly and honestly beleive God can heal her brain.  GROW her brain!! Whether He does that here or on earth is up to Him, and while I may not understand it... I know He has an incredible plan for her life.

Already her birth mom and siblings have accepted Jesus as their savior... and have gotten filled with the Holy Spirit!!!  When I read that, I just cried... it's amazing.  A baby doctors deemed WORTHLESS, has already shown her worth 1,000 times!!

God rocks.  Seriously.  :o)

Selah's story has inspired me to write a song.  Eh... my song writing skills arent that great... and no one may ever hear it but me and Jesus... but thats ok!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I hope you'll share it. What a beautiful testimony of how a life can affect each of us in a powerful way, even a life deemed "worthless"!!

    Love ya girl!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. It made me cry in a good way. I'm checking out her blog.

    Blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.