Monday, July 2, 2012

WHEW!

Whew, what a whirlwind!!

Our church had their annual Summer Fest this past Saturday.  It was an awesome day for a free family fun event, and lots of people enjoyed the day.  There was a huge yard sale, games, bounce houses, giant water slide, lots of entertainment, chicken bar b que, car show, and so so much more!

Mike and I were in charge of the Kid's Zone Games, and I had a very ambitious vision for the kids.  Our Passport to Adventure included 7 booths, one for each continent, decorated to match each continent, with a fun game to go with it.  I had a lot of awesome helpers both to make and decorate the booths, and also to run them and the registration table.  I feel so blessed to have been able to help with the games, and for being a part of such a great church family!!!

Madi also got to perform a dance that we choreographed together... she did an awesome job and I am so proud of her.  I wish I had gotten to video tape it so I could post it.... maybe next time!

Here are some photos from the day... some are ones I took, and some are from other people who were at the event.



This is Phredd, me (left) and our Senior Pastor's wife, Lisa.  Phredd is a local radio celebrity on the Christian radio station, WJTL.  He does awesome kids songs, including, My Mom is a Pirate.  Lisa and I got to be the pirates! Madi thought this was pretty awesome!!
 They had a GIANT water slide set up... Madi certainly enjoyed this!!
 Our kid's department did a Pie the Pastor fundraiser and they raised over $1,000 for the department... Mike isn't a pastor, but Madi got to pie him in the face anyways!  (Thanks to the wonderful Elaine!)
 2 of our wonderful Clowns for Jesus!
A daddy and his girl playing on our mini golf game from Europe.
Fun times with the South American Ring Toss game!  In the background, you can see our free snow cone truck, the Summer Fest Band on the stage (I'm up there singing), and our awesome registration helpers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love... Id like to hear your opinions, your thoughts, comments, suggestions, anything.